Movie copy software developer Aiseesoft removes 163 products

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Movie copy software developer Aiseesoft removes 163 products[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-aiseesoft-logo-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Movie copy software developer Aiseesoft today announced it will stop sales and development of 163 of its products.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/movie-copy-software-developer-aiseesoft-removes-163-products-70904](http://www.myce.com/news/movie-copy-software-developer-aiseesoft-removes-163-products-70904)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Some companies are fighters and some are just going with the flow I guess, too bad , I liked them.

The company just folded I guess it is too bad.

What about the people who bought lifetime licenses? Are they being “compensated” in some way? If not, this does not bode well for my trust in other companies.

the whole problem is down to the entertainment industries. the USA government and law enforcement have put these industries on a pedestal. nothing seems to be more important than the music and movie business. it’s absolutely ridiculous! i am not condoning what Aiseesoft or any other similar company does but if the industries were to put out replacements, these companies wouldn’t exist. as they do and will continue in other countries, as usual it’s the people in USA and other countries that are so easily bent to protecting an industry, but preventing others from doing things like breaking copyright which shouldn’t need breaking as they shouldn’t be there in the first place, and are actually only helping the industries to remain stagnant, not evolving for the digital age. no one should have to buy the same item over and over, just to be able to listen to it or watch it on different devices. that’s not something that was introduced to stop the industries losing money, it was introduced to aid them making x3 or x4 times as much as before! no other industry makes you buy something over and over, nor would those who have decided to make us do it, do it themselves. if they were put into that position, they would kick up merry hell!
then try looking at things from a different perspective. how many other companies/industries have got to cease trading, with thousands of extra jobs lost and therefore a fantastic amount of revenue lost to both shops and government coffers, before there is a stop put to this? and dont think about the jobs lost in the music and movie industries as being competing with others, it’s been shown time and again how many jobs are created when a movie is made, even when advertised as ‘hundreds of extra jobs if you sponsor us’ (name of location) only to find there are none! it’s about time the law makers and law upholders got to grip with thisd and stopped these particular industries from holding back progress because of their unwitting desire to ‘be in charge’ and to be in control of the Internet. wait and see what is said about torrent files, for example, once the industries get their heads out of their backsides. they will be the best thing ever! atm, they are considered the worst, because they cant control them and, more importantly, charge us for using them!

[QUOTE=kevpc;2722917] it’s about time the law makers and law upholders got to grip with thisd and stopped these particular industries from holding back progress because of their unwitting desire to ‘be in charge’ and to be in control of the Internet. [/QUOTE]

Unlikely that this will happen…:disagree:
As long as elections need to be funded and/or governement people get some extra $$ by the industry,the real power is in the hands of those industries…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2722937]Unlikely that this will happen…:disagree:
As long as elections need to be funded and/or governement people get some extra $$ by the industry,[B]the real power[/B] is in the hands of those industries…[/QUOTE]

To me that’s not power, thats just plain greed, how much money do you need to make? Foolishness.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Love_Renee;2722914]What about the people who bought lifetime licenses? Are they being “compensated” in some way? If not, this does not bode well for my trust in other companies.[/QUOTE]

When you purchase a lifetime key or registration of a software program it is only valid for the life of the product itself, the term “Lifetime” used by software developers does not mean your lifetime.

[B]SJ[/B] :cool:

Understood, StormJumper. Nevertheless, a customer should have a expectation that the product will be supported for a reasonable amount of time. Now the definition of reasonable will vary from person to person. If I just bought a lifetime license a few months back, I certainly would feel ripped off.