Movie changes to 16:9 from 4:3

vbimport

Hi, this is wierd, I just ripped Red Dragon with DVD2One which is a full screen 4:3 aspect ratio movie and when viewing the VOB’s, a little more than half way through the movie the video changes to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Has anyone seen this before? then the credits go back to 4:3

Did you use version 1.1.3?
There was a bug with the layer break up to version 1.1.2.

cu
Horst

Holomatrix:

Just viewing the VOBs can give sometimes do this, as without the IFOs, the player doesn’t know the format.

If you’re getting this phenomenon after starting up via VIDEO_TS.IFO or equivalent, then that’s a different matter of course.

Your syntax is a little confusing. You wouldn’t have ripped the files with DVD2One; you might have compressed them. Ripping was probably done with DVDDecrypter or the like. So, are you seeing this problem pre or post DVD2One?

-Pete

Thanks for the input. Yes I used 1.1.3, I will load the ifo in PowerDVD and see how it playes and sorry for the syntax :slight_smile: I did meen compressed :slight_smile:
Thanks

all is well when played with powerdvd. :slight_smile: even if i drag and drop the vob to powerdvd but not with windvd.