[moved] what's the latest version of DVDInfoPro?

vbimport

i got 3.49

Visit the DVDInfoPro website and you will know. There is really no need at all to ask this question here.

what is the website url?

google showed latest is 3.40

You can use google? Why do you ask for the URL then ? BTW… if you have DVDInfoPro… the URL of the page is shown everywhere. =)

The latest version is 4.16 but 4.18 will be out in day or so

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

PS

the about icon on main dvdinfopro screen has about 5 links one of them is authors webpage.

…why?

As KenW has suggested, the current version is 4.16.

4.18 will be released within the next 24 hours however.

i went to that site and it showed 3.40

Because DVDInfoPro displays the homepage in the window header, in the about box and google finds it at top position. So anyone really interested in getting an answer to the initial question of this thread can get it by various ways in seconds.
My comment was not related to DVDInfoPro, but to the repeating pattern of asking questions that need not to be asked in any forum at all because the way to get the answer is obvious.

kenw

also does it support dc erase for burners other than NU? cuz my old ddw82 won’t work in my external enclosure

El_Mariachi_X

I just cheched it sure does not show 3.40

Some of the newer features in
DVDINFOProâ„¢ V4.xx â„¢

* New PIPO scan data save and reload
* New PIPO graphical save formats (PNG, GIF, JPG, BMP>
* Recognition of Blu ray technologies
* New Benq fast PIPO scanning for 8x and 16x drives
* New DC Erase function for Nu burners restores RW media to brand new
* New Colour options for graphs and plotting via colour picker
* New DVD-RDL, DVD+RDL (Double Layer) support added
* LG, BENQ, NU, NEC, BTC, Liteon, Micro Advantage bitsetting added
* Access to new DVD-R/RW bitsetting functions added by Nu, BTC and Micro Advantage
* New Media revision field added to Media info
* CD/DVD Speed & Error Test functions
* Expanded Drive & Media Info sections.
* Recognition of DDCD, HD-BURN & Mt Rainier technologies
* Check for program update on web feature.
* Regular updates.
* And More...

DC erase has not been added to firmware of any drive other then the NU tech DDW-082 drives. Dvdinfo can only do that on drive with it in the firmware

it did last night. o well only nu can do dc erase

Hehe. Yah. Sounds a little like 90% of the forums in the world, so I have found in my experience. Your not alone, on that one. Forums can be wonderful places and resources of help, but at the same time can be most useless in actually providing pertinent, let alone easily accessed information at a desirable pace, not to mention factual or correct!

no offense ala, but get used to it. there will be many more noobs doing this. not just me

You have 268 POSTS!!! You ought to be a seasoned DVDRW veteran.

If Google says 3.40, believe it; do you need your hand held every time or are you just lazy?

-JIe

ok here is sample of what new 4.18 dvdinfopro scan page will look like

note scan drive and status line maybe edited before you save. dvdinfopro now screen captures in BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG

so you’re admitting to asking a stupid question, being a noob and spamming the forum? this thread isnt even in the correct forum.

that looks nice. hope there will be a free version

Yup! There sure is. The free version of what you see above is due out tonight! :slight_smile:

I can’t imagine why this thread was started in the Benq/Philips forum ;). Moved to the “Media Testing/Identifying Software” forum…