[moved] program to record a movie from dvd to cd (audio only)?

vbimport

is there a program to record a movie from dvd to cd?
Is it possible to record a movie from DVD to a CD?
can plextor 712a do it?
what is the name of prgram that does it?
can xcopyxpress do it?

is there a program to record a movie from dvd to cd?
Is it possible to record a movie from DVD to a CD?
can plextor 712a do it?
what is the name of prgram that does it?
can xcopyxpress do it?

Yes, it is possible to convert a dvd to cd…it has nothing to do with what type or brand of dvd burner you own… converting a DVD to CD is called a VCD or SVCD…there is a process for it and many different programs that can accomplish that task…however i am not going to explain in detail how it is done…you can search through www.videohelp.com for guides on how to convert DVD to VCD or SVCD…one program you could use is EAZY VCD…as for XCOPYXPRES in my opinion that is a crappy program to begin with…

seriously jimmyplexed you need to learn how to search for guides when links are given to you…one should not expect to be easily handed out explanations or answers to their questions…join www.videohelp.com’s forum site and you will be able to get the necessary help, read the many different guides they have posted there…then if you’re stumped on a program and can’t figure it out then ask questions in their forum…word of advice to you when and if you do join videohelp.com’s site, don’t be posting the sort of questions that you have posted here at cdfreaks.com because at videohelp.com when newbies post stuff as you have, you will be eaten alive and no one will offer to help you out…Good Luck! :wink:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
BENQ 1620 DVDRW (2)
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
ASUS MOBO’s P4P800SE (2)
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB RAPTOR HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)250 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVEs
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER 480 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC TRUE POWER 430 WATT POWER SUPPLY
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE, ANTEC SLK2600AMB CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARDS

Guides & Tutorials

okay let me be clear.
what I am wanting is converting a dvd movie into an audio cd (with just the sound) and without any video and playing it in a home cd player?
can it be done?

okay let me be clear.
what I am wanting is converting a dvd movie into an audio cd (with just the sound) and without any video and playing it in a home cd player?
can it be done?
thanks for ya all’s kind words and generous help.
I guess i repeated again.

wrong forum…have you tried DVD_ADDICT’s advice and read up over at videohelp.com?

Please read the posting guidelines regarding the proper location of threads… thread moved…

If I were you, I’d use DVD Decrypter to rip out just the audio tracks (which will be in AC3 format). And then use BeSweet to convert the AC3 to WAVE and then burn the WAVE to a CD. Or some CD burning apps might even accept AC3 directly.

[google]DVD Decrypter[/google]
[google]BeSweet[/google]

Interesting , but why make life complicated ? :cool:

jimmyplexed , if You have Nero installed there should be a Wave Editor to record in Wav-files on CD-quality . This procedure is relatively easy , except for one thing You need to know whether You use DVDdecrypter or Nero :

You MIGHT have to go into properties for the soundcard if You don’t see any display-movement in Nero W. E. and choose soundcard + see if there’s turned down for recording etc.

But of course You should start with putting in the DVD and let it play in Nero Show Time or some softwareDVD-player (I assume You have played DVD’s on Your PC before ?) , bring up Nero W. E. and choose the red spot with the orange dot in (=record) :stuck_out_tongue: and You’ll see an adjustment-possibility of the Wav-file (8/16bit and up to 96.000Hz sampling) , but just choose 16 bit & 44.100 Hz as this is the common CD-audioformat , then pres OK !

Now (besides choosing a few options) , You just have to record the wav-file while playing the DVD and use Nero or Plextools to make an audioCD of that wav-file from the DVD . :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well I think the easiest way to do it, is to use ‘DVD Decrypter’ to rip your DVD to your hard drive. After that, you can load your DVD files into ‘DVD Audio Extractor’ and extract the audio tracks into 44100 Hz/16 bits Uncompressed PCM WAV’s. When you have done that, you can just burn the tracks as a normal Audio-CD.

If your DVD isn’t protected you can skip the step with ‘DVD Decrypter’ and load your DVD directly into ‘DVD Audio Extractor’.