.MOV files

Oh hey there.

I’m a n00b to all this and need some help.

I just made a vid that has as ending .mov. What program do I need for playing it?

Also, what file ending does the film needs to have in order for me to upload it to youtube?

If there’s an especific one, is there a convertor for converting .mov to that type of file?

Well, that’s it.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Time player is the native software to play .MOV movies, but it is a rather heavy software that can also install a lot of useless stuff in your computer.

I suggest to install QuickTime Alternative, that is lighter and perfectly working :slight_smile:

I’m like geno888, and use QwickTime Alternative…I don’t upload to youtube, but I believe you need .FLV files…You could try XviD4PSP or Super to convert .MOV to other formats… Maybe try AviDemux…

Ok. I managed to make it play, now how do I convert used AviDemux?

Thanks again
TFI

If you got this MOV file from a digital camera or camcorder, you can do a lossless conversion to an AVI file using MP4Cam2AVI (freeware). This process goes relatively quick unless you specify to re-encode the audio. Once you have it in an AVI format, you can use most video editors and encoders to compress the video.

AviDemux will not take MOVs as input (at least from my Panasonic camera), but once I repackage the MOV into the AVI container using MP4Cam2AVI, AviDemux works fine and is also my preferred conversion utility.

You can try converting your mov files with Prism Video Converter if the above suggestions don’t work

[QUOTE=TheFourthIdol;2254764]Oh hey there.

I’m a n00b to all this and need some help.

I just made a vid that has as ending .mov. What program do I need for playing it?

Also, what file ending does the film needs to have in order for me to upload it to youtube?

If there’s an especific one, is there a convertor for converting .mov to that type of file?

Well, that’s it.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Play mov with QuickTime Player.
YouTube [B]does not[/B] currently accept videos in [B]Flash (.flv) format[/B].
YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG transferred from most digital cameras, camcorders, and cell phones.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I managed to convert it thanks to you :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, sorry for not answering after 3 weeks, school got my busy :expressionless:

I have another question (that probably shouldn’t be included here)… but, once I have the vid done, is it possible for me to change it the bad quality with a program or something?

Once again, thanks,
~TFI

It’s been a long time since I posted here…

Yet again, I have some doubts…

I was uploading some AVI videos to YT, however they are delaying too much.

I read that the best formats for YT are: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4.

Now, how do I convert from .MOV/.AVI to one of those 3?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

YouTube accepts most container formats but once uploaded, converts them to FLV.
There are several freeware apps that will convert to mp4, DivX/XVid, FLV, etc. Here are a few: Format Factory, http://www.formatoz.com/
Super, http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
WinFF, http://winff.org/html_new/

Thank you very much, Whappo :slight_smile: