.mov file to DVD

hi, i have downloaded a movie file in .mov format…
can anyone tell me how to convert it to play on a DVD player…
i have copies of TMPGEnc DVD, CopyToDVD, DVD-lab, Nero6 and MainConcept MPEG Encoder… but none of these apps understand the file fomat… the end of the filename is “.xl.3ivx.mov” and thats a long suffix…
any help would be great… no silly comments…
thanks

Why did you post this in the VSO (Blindwrite, CopyToCD/DVD) section of the forum?

Now .mov file format is a proprietary format by apple and can only be played in Quicktime (alternative). Thats why no ordinary software can convert it.
You can try EO-Video (get it here), it may be able to convert it to mpeg and from there you’ll be able to convert it to whatever you want

You can do this in a two step process by first using this to convert from .mov to .avi

and then…

Use TMPGEnc to handle the avi file.

There may be loss in resolution from doing this, maybe not too much, but its better than nothing and doesn’t hurt to try.

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Remember atari, you can’t talk about downloading copywrited movies at CD Freaks. I’m not saying that the movie you have is illegal, but many would assume so. There are lots of people here that do download movies, but they don’t tell anyone - you never know who’s reading your thread.

Originally posted by Garybrown02
Remember atari, you can’t talk about downloading copywrited movies at CD Freaks. I’m not saying that the movie you have is illegal, but many would assume so. There are lots of people here that do download movies, but they don’t tell anyone - you never know who’s reading your thread.

Whilst what you say is true in some circumstances, I am going with this the American way “Innocent until proven guilty”

you never know who’s reading your thread.

please keep conspiracy theories out of the general software forum. if you have an issue with someones post, and no moderator has taken action, please either

a) let the moderator of the forum know
b) post in the “forum talk” forum, and see what happens

do not

a) incite fear in forum members by suggesting they are under surveillance
b) misspell copyright :wink:
c) post off topic

as i’ve violated c) of my made up guidelines, ill be ending this post :smiley:

OK, first of all I was just offering some friendly advice to prevent Atari saying something that may cause a negative response in the future. Secondly, You never know who is reading these posts. I don’t mean that individuals are being monitored, but the site may be as there’s lots of information here that can aid pirates in their quest to produce more COPYRIGHTED material.

Is this what you get for trying to give some advice? :frowning:

prevent Atari saying something that may cause a negative response in the future.

there was no negative response now. im just trying to show you a more appropriate course of action in the future.

any other off topic posts go to forum talk.

Hi,
Maybe you can try the program named WinAVI Video Converter http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm. In fact, it is a complete solution for video file converting and burning. You can convert the mov files to avi or other fomat , and then burn them to dvd or vcd or svcd.