Mouse became too sensitive

vbimport

Hello,
Just got a problem. Somehow, my mouse became very sensitive. If you click on any menu, they would open and close too quickly, even if you press it just once. It is now difficult when you click on drop down menus: they would just open and close. I checked and saw that the mouse settings have not been changed. What to be done?

Been there done that, and as a result I’m thinking mechanical issue with the mouse switch.

Frankly it’s unlikely that anything other than another mouse will reliably resolve the issue.

Though you can try to move the bits around…

AD

[QUOTE=Ayiramala;2538788]Hello,
Just got a problem. Somehow, my mouse became very sensitive. If you click on any menu, they would open and close too quickly, even if you press it just once. It is now difficult when you click on drop down menus: they would just open and close. I checked and saw that the mouse settings have not been changed. What to be done?[/QUOTE]

What brand and model is this problematic mouse ?
if the mouse has been droped and/or banged around a lot then as AllanDeGroot suggested replacing the mouse may be a wise choice, however if it is a wireless mouse you can try re-installing the software for it to see if that resolves your issue.

The mouse is a Logitech wired mouse. It is almost new (less than six months old). No, it was not dropped or anything.

Have you already tried another mouse? That way you could at least rule out issues with your operating system.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2538870]Have you already tried another mouse? That way you could at least rule out issues with your operating system.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Yes, i’ll do that and let you know afterward.

If it’s That new…

Try cleaning it (I find compressed air works best)

Logitech stuff is usually pretty reliable and again “If it’s that new” it’s possible it’s a foreign material issue…

And while I say “Logitech stuff is usually good” (I’ll voluntarily buy and use nothing else)
nobody’s perfect.

Yes, DO try another mouse.

But typically an OS problem would make the mouse cursor speed change, as OS issues
have no effect on the sensitivity of the button switches.

(double click interval yes, single click finger pressure? No)

That’s why I suspect you have a mechanical issue.

an intermittent switch (internal problem in the switch itself) can artificially create a double click
even when your finger doesn’t make a double click

that would cause a link to open… then close.

a much more common fault is the mouse making a “click” (mechanically)
and failing to make the electrical connection,

which specific model wired mouse?

I personally use a tracman wheel mouse (the wired kind because if it’s attached to a wire I can find it on my incredibly messy desk)

AD

When this happens to me I reboot the PC and all is good again. Some software (games) seem to screw with the mouse once I return to Windows.

RM

Lately I have the same experience sometimes with my Razer. :doh: