Mount ranier

vbimport

Have just brought up to date the firmware on my Teac CDRW writer.

It may be a coincidence but on looking in Nero recorder it states that Mount Ranier is installed.

Wether the firmware or Nero itself puts on Mount Ranier I would like to ask.

Also I can see no advantage as you have to supply an INCD formatted disk to make the system work so what is the point of Mount Ranier being my second question.

mt rainier was supposed to facilitate the easy drag and dropping to cdrw and so on, and allow the true replacement of the floppy, without unreliable packet writing software. Has this happened? I don’t think it has. Mt Rainier, to me, represents broken promises. The technology (or at least the implementation) seems to be as bad as the name.

There’s a faq here:
http://www.licensing.philips.com/information/mtr/documents102.html

there are no broken promises here. the current implementation is only temporary, which has always been the plan with mt. rainier. it’s not until the next version of windows that mt. rainier will be natively supported by the OS, unless microsoft releases an update for current windows systems.

also, an “INCD formatted disk” is not what’s necessary for mt. rainier to work, it’s a mt. rainier formatted disc. incd is not the only software that can currently read mt. rainier, so someone who doesn’t own incd can still read the discs using other software.

I have a disk formatted on a system with INCD and Mt. Ranier. It will read on an XP system without InCD…you just can not write or erase files without InCD, etc.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
[B]there are no broken promises here. the current implementation is only temporary, which has always been the plan with mt. rainier. it’s not until the next version of windows that mt. rainier will be natively supported by the OS, unless microsoft releases an update for current windows systems.

also, an “INCD formatted disk” is not what’s necessary for mt. rainier to work, it’s a mt. rainier formatted disc. incd is not the only software that can currently read mt. rainier, so someone who doesn’t own incd can still read the discs using other software. [/B]

Originally posted by AZImmortal
there are no broken promises here. the current implementation is only temporary, which has always been the plan with mt. rainier. it’s not until the next version of windows that mt. rainier will be natively supported by the OS, unless microsoft releases an update for current windows systems.

it seems like we’ve been in this 'limbo land ’ forever with Mt Rainier. If updates aren’t released for current OSs, I for one will be very disappointed (assuming that Mt Rainier itself is reliable and effective). I gave up packet writing applications long ago.