Mount Rainier...?

vbimport

How am I using MOUNT RAINIER?
Do I must to use some software like InCD? Wiche software is the best?
Why does InCD exists before MOUNT RAINIER support added to CDRW drivers?
What is the diference bitween CDRW drivers thet supports MOUNT RAINIER , and those wiche dont support?

10x for helping!

M8 MT Rainer is a hardware Mount Rainier enables native OS support of data storage on CD-RW. This makes the technology far easier to use and allows the replacement of the floppy. This is done by having defect management in the drive, by making the drive 2k addressable, by using background formatting, and by standardizing both command set and physical layout.

Basically MT rainer should do away with programs such as INCD as the OS (with MT RAINER hardware) can just use it like a big floppy drive

I hope this helps.

also if your gonna use it :slight_smile:

i gave it a try tonight hehehe dam it very good just like a hdd on a cdrw hhehe :slight_smile:

if your useing winxp grab the update !
if your useing the 48125W grab the update !!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why does InCD exists before MOUNT RAINIER support added to CDRW drivers?

can i use InCD even my drive does’nt soppurt mount rainier?

Originally posted by omero
[B]Why does InCD exists before MOUNT RAINIER support added to CDRW drivers?

can i use InCD even my drive does’nt soppurt mount rainier? [/B]

No you need a drive that supports it !

inCD is packet writteing software !
it only added mt rainier support
when the 32x liteon`s where released !!

im not enttirely shure though :eek: :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Mount Rainier is a standardised form of packet-writing software. InCD is packet-writing software, so is DirectCD. So InCD is since recently able to packet-write in the Mount Rainier standardised form, before that (or with writers which do not support Mount Rainier) InCD used its own methods/standards for packet-writing.

BTW, there is an excellent piece on Mount Rainier on the frontpage of CDFreaks.

:smiley:

am I must software for using mt.rainier?
is ragular CD-R drive can read CDs which wrote on mt.rainier CD?

1/ Firstly we will start at the begining. What hardware do you use for burning CD (ie what is your cd burner)

Your hardware may or may not even support Mt Rainer Format if it doesnt support it then dont worry about it :slight_smile:

2/ If your burner does support MT Rainer all it really means is that if you are using an operating system that supports MT Rainer format you can take your CD to another computer that has an operating system that also supports MT Rainer and it will be readable, without the need for programs such as INCD/DirectCD etc etc (packet writers) Just like you do with a 3 1/2 inch disk you can just take it from one computer to another and hey presto the computers can all read it :slight_smile:

3/ Just like up3rdog said in his post it is just a standardised packet writing format that so that everyone can swap and change between computers.

4/ The upshot is that even if you dont have the Hardware to support MT RAINER (IE that is do all the funky 2k addressing error correction etc etc) 3rd party packet writers such as INCD/DirectCD should be able to do all that cool stuff in SOFTWARE so you should still be able to swap and change with people using MT RAINER if you are using a 3rd party packet writer :slight_smile:

If in all my ramblings I still havent helped you drop another post and I will try to be more concise.

Hope this helps m8

one other thing
you can still read the cdrw even if your os hasnt got mt rainier support
or your burner hasnt got mt

just download easyreader.exe from nero and put it on a floppy disk its only 700+kb`s

then all they need to do is install it on another system
and reboot and then they can read the cdrw mt ranier .

hope this is usefull !..

:rolleyes: :bigsmile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :bow: :cop:

I have LITE-ON 40125S,ZS0J firmware-MT.RAINIER support, WIN98ES.
Which operating systems support MT.RAINIER? Do I need special CD for using in those OS?

I used InCD with CDRW CD, why does my dvd-rom can’t recognize the CD?

[B]I have LITE-ON 40125S,ZS0J firmware-MT.RAINIER support, WIN98ES.
Which operating systems support MT.RAINIER? Do I need special CD for using in those OS?

I used InCD with CDRW CD, why does my dvd-rom can’t recognize the CD? [/B]

your dvdrom dont reeconize it becuse the cdrw is in mt rainier format !!!

download easyreader.exe

from www.nero.com then install it then reboot !!!

then try reading the cdrw through your dvdrom…

im not shure about other oss but it says in the readme of incd that its compatible with all oss platforms

win98 / se win2k xp !!!

let me no how you get on…

:bow: :bow:

I finally got Mt. Rainier to work so I could read it in my other drives thanks to Easy Writer and drop and drag with no trouble.

I could not get SAI’s ReadCD-MRW to work. But when Mt.Rainier finally worked it was no big deal. I use DirectCD and despite the fact that everyone puts Roxio and EZCD down, DirectCD writes to CDRW and CDR and that CDR writing is a good thing and very useful. Because of that I dropped Mt. Rainier and will go back to it when Mt. Rainier is universally accepted and there is more software and more options, like hopefully writing to CDR.:cool:

I have a problem!!!
I downloaded easyreader.exe from nero site, installed it and my windows fucked!
it shows me blue error screen even before the windows runing
!!
So I have to uninstall easyreader.exe from save mode, then my windows runs well.

someone can solve this problem?

does CD-MRW available ?
if I have CD-MRW CD, will I be able to use it without software like InCD and without easyreader from nero?

Easywriter conflicted with something on my system too. I can’t remember what I uninstalled, I think it was InCD and it went away. I then used WriteCD-RW with Mt. Rainier but then gave up on Mt. Rainier. For now you need software with Mt. Rainier and you need it to read Mt. Rainier disks on other computers- that’s EasyWriter or ReadCD-MRW.

[B]I have a problem!!!
I downloaded easyreader.exe from nero site, installed it and my windows fucked!
it shows me blue error screen even before the windows runing
!!
So I have to uninstall easyreader.exe from save mode, then my windows runs well.

someone can solve this problem?

does CD-MRW available ?
if I have CD-MRW CD, will I be able to use it without software like InCD and without easyreader from nero? [/B]

can someone answer my questions?

I am pretty sure that MT rainer OS support is only in win XP/2000 so you will not get integral support from WIN 98 :frowning: For Win 98 to read it you will need to use easy reader as descriped above.

Your current packet writing software may be conflicting with easy reader, try removing it and see what happens.

My advice to you is to is to toss whatever packet writer you are currently using and get INCD 3.31. INCD is compatable with win 98 and will give you the ability to read/write in MT Rainer format.

In you use INCD 3.31 you will not need easy reader because it is inbuilt!

does CD-MRW available ?
if I have CD-MRW CD, will I be able to use it without software like InCD and without easyreader from nero?

No because your OS (win 98) does not support MT RAINER, You can use Easy Reader to give you os the ability to read but not write (somone correct me if I am wrong)

However if you wish to be able to write/read in MT RAINER INCD 3.31 should cure all of your woes! Either that or move up to Win XP.

As a bit of a plug for Microsux Win Xp is actually a pretty good OS it is far more stable then win ME wich really sucked the bag :slight_smile:

OK I am typed out hope this helps