Mount Rainier problem with Vso2.bin for 48125W

vbimport

I flashed my 40125W to 48125W firmware with the vs02.bin file

I have tried to burn an CD-RW with Incd ( last version ) formated in Mt Rainier standard,

it's seems to work great with the liteon, all files can be read

but there is a problem if I try to read this CD-RW with my Sony DVD-ROM 16/40

some files seem to be bad and some folders are missing !

I don't understand, maybe the CD-RW formated in Mt Rainier method works only with burners and not with DVD-CD-ROM players ?

I have WinXP and I have installed the Incd Easywriter reader software ( it's the only way for reading an Mount Rainier CD-RW with a CD-ROM/DVD player )

if I use a CD-RW formated in the classical UDF method so there is no problem, this CD-RW can be read without problem with CD-ROM player

So its seem that Mount Rainier Standard is not very sure with the liteon 40125W/48125W, it can work with the burner but it can produce unreadable CD-RW with another CD/DVD-ROM player

Be careful...

I used the Liteon CD-RW 4x-12x and a Verbatim CD-RW 4x, it's the same result in Mount Rainier mode

the problem with Incd is that we can not set the max speed for writing CD-RW

EasyWriteReader enables support for Mt. Rainier to cd-rom and dvd etc, but just like burning software doesn’t support every burner this program have a limited amout of readers. So it could perhaps be that your reader isn’t supported yet? Or perhaps just a bad CD-RW disc?

I think it’s not a bad quality CD-RW but maybe a bug with the software Incd Easywriter reader,

the CD-RW works great in the Lite on burner but in a DVD-ROM player some folders are missing, it doesn’t see the new folders

I prefer to go back to the classical UDF writing mode, it’s really much better,

with the UDF mode we are sure that this CD-RW can be read with a maximum of CD-DVD rom player, better compatibility

Mount Rainier is a too young technology, I think I will wait a better support in WinXP for that technology

Maybe the new folders, files are not already written to the cd ?

As I understand everything well, the writing process works not really fast.
And when it’s writing, you CAN read the files in the CDRW drive because the software backupped it somewhere on the HDD or something ?

If you eject the media before the writing is done, it’s possible that the files arent visible for the DVD player…

I’m only Guessing :wink:

Originally posted by Cutebrit
[B]Maybe the new folders, files are not already written to the cd ?

As I understand everything well, the writing process works not really fast.
And when it’s writing, you CAN read the files in the CDRW drive because the software backupped it somewhere on the HDD or something ?

If you eject the media before the writing is done, it’s possible that the files arent visible for the DVD player…

I’m only Guessing :wink: [/B]

no, no, the files are written on the CD,

this CD-RW mount Rainier can be read with the Liteon burner but have a problem if I try to read this CD-RW with the Sony DVD-ROM player, some files are bad, some folders are missing

but this CD-RW works good if I read it with the burner,

so I think that the software Incd Easywriter reader may have a bug with Windows XP or with some DVD-ROM player

Because if I burn with the UDF method this CD-RW can be read easily without problem on my DVD-ROM player

Yeah they are going have software for this so older CD and DVD roms can read the disc. Mt Rainer isn’t really in primetime yet though.