Mount CDFS file system to Flash Drive!

vbimport

Got a horrendusly difficult little problem here - i’m attempting to make a flash drive autorun something the instant it’s plugged in, and i gather from reading around the way to d othis is to mount a CDFS ISO to it. My attempts to do this using the windows edition of dd and an ISO containing the desired files produced with MagicISO are not going well. Whatever block size i attempt to use, the disk shows up as unformatted when i attempt to read it, and does not mount as a CD! Can anyone help with this!?
Please note i am running a Windows PC, and am completly unable to access either a Mac or Linux box :Z.
Help would be appreciated!

Anybody?

This forum seems remarkably dead…

[quote=daperson;2076285]Got a horrendusly difficult little problem here - i’m attempting to make a flash drive autorun something the instant it’s plugged in, and i gather from reading around the way to d othis is to mount a CDFS ISO to it.[/quote] I don’t know why you would complicate things by making an ISO image and then using virtual drive technology to mount the ISO image as a virtual CD/DVD drive!?

You can autorun stuff from a USB thumbdrive or USB harddrive by using an Autorun.inf file in the root of the drive with the proper command in that file, provided that autorun as such or autorun for that drive hasn’t been disabled on the computer where it’s supposed to run.

Look e.g. here for a detailed explanation of autorun.inf configuration:

[quote=daperson;2078805]This forum seems remarkably dead…[/quote] Perhaps, but we are the LIVING Dead! :stuck_out_tongue:

And that is rather completly useless.
I have already looked into autorun that way, and it is not possible to make a flash memory stick launch a program the instant it is connected, in the same way a CD-ROM might do. all you have told me how to do is make the Windows “What do you want Windows to do?” dialog have a new button, which is not what i am after. I am attempting to make a program run the moment you insert a memory stick, in a similar fashion to how a CD-ROM might instantly start the setup program for a game or such. Although this used to be possible on a flash memory stick by using the same autorun.inf file that CD would use, Microsoft have since disabled that, and the only way to make a flash drive work this way is to convince the computer it is in fact a CD-ROM drive - to my knoweldge.
Does anybody know how i would go about giving a flash drive a CDFS file system, or in another way making it register as a CD drive on the computer, or any other way of making a flash drive autorun in the way described above that does NOT involve installing software onto the computer that it will be autorunning on?

tumbleweed

further tumbleweed