Motherboard question

vbimport

Does any one know what kind of motherboard HP uses. They have a new system out with an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor E6700 (2.66GHz) and 4GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024), 500GB RAID 0 (2 x 250GB SATA HDDs), LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, HD , TV-out, 2 DVI, Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports. This is about $1800.00 I want to get the GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card and use it with this PC. I called customer service and they had no clue ?? They sayed they use Aces motherboards but didn’t know the model #. I’ve never owned an HP before, can I use the card or not ??

Thanks

If it’s a PCI express mobo it would connect but I would be more worried about if it would fit in the case as the card is very long. also is the PSU (Power supply up to snuff)
System Requirements:
Card Size: 10.5 inch length, 4.97 inch width, 1.43 inch height
6 pin power connector * 2 inside the box
Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with 12V current rating of 30A)

I have a gamers bfg tech 650 watt power supply. I’ll have to get the case dimentions.

You mean they use an Asus motherboard. Most likely it will have a PCIE 16x slots and only one slot. Anything with dual PCIE 16x are either Crossfire or SLI boards. Oh and if you choose to go Windows Vista to game with the 8800GTX, right now they have no WHQL certified drivers for the 8800GTX. There are a lot of unhappy Nvidia 8800GTX customers right now because of no official drivers. They only have beta drivers. Supposedly the drivers are suppose to be released by the end of February or sometime in March. So if you’re looking to enjoy 3D games on Vista, I wouldn’t bother with 8800GTX right now. You can see the Nvidia Vista lawsuit here http://www.nvidiaclassaction.org/

Thanks for that info, i’ll have to go with radeon x1950 xtx 512mb, my x1950 pro 256mb is vista ready.