Motherboard problem

I got this Epox-motherboard EP-P4X400D when i try to install xp on it it freezes up, i boot up the pc with the disc in as usually and then when it reboots the first time the monitor goes black the only thing i see is a flashing cursorline in the upper left corner of the screen and nothing more happens i try xp home and pro with the same result, and i tried millenium and it work like a charm, hope that someone on the board can give me some good advice.

Are you using a PS2 mouse and keyboard, if not then try that. Also you should flash the latest BIOS.
good luck :slight_smile:

start completely over. format the drive. turn off all overclocking and make sure the ram is at it’s rated speed and voltage. make sure all the settings in the bios are correct. remove everything but one hard drive and video card. start there with the install. if it works add back anything else one at a time.

[QUOTE=eric93se;1967441]Are you using a PS2 mouse and keyboard, if not then try that. Also you should flash the latest BIOS.
good luck :)[/QUOTE]

i use ps2 mouse and keyboard, and the latest bios from epox homepage.

[QUOTE=aedipuss;1967449]start completely over. format the drive. turn off all overclocking and make sure the ram is at it’s rated speed and voltage. make sure all the settings in the bios are correct. remove everything but one hard drive and video card. start there with the install. if it works add back anything else one at a time.[/QUOTE]

you say that i should format the drive do you mean in another computer, i have reseted the bios to manufactured settings.