Motherboard Identification

vbimport

I was wondering if anyone new of any motherboard identification utilities. I have a motherboard that I know is made by ECS but I dont know what the Model # is. I have searched with MoboCop and it is of no help. The BIOS string is: 62-0806-001131-00101111-071595-SiS730S-M810LR-H

001131 identifies it as an ECS brand but the model # is nowhere on the board. The board is not in a brand name PC. It is socket A and can accept XP processors (1800+ currently running in it). It is a MicroATX board, onboard video, LAN, and sound, 1 AGP slot, 1 AMR slot, and 2 PCI slots. The PCB (I guess the actual board material is called this??) is RED. It has 2 PC133 slots. If anyone can help it would be great as I am wanting to check for BIOS updates.

TYIA

Have you checked AIDA yet? It should provide lots of information about your system, including Motherboard specifications (unless it’s a very exotic board ;))

Very nice utility but does not identify the board. Says Motherboard Name: Unknown

Wait…there is an update function…let me update it and try again.

Now it is identifying it as a PCChips mainboard? Model # M810LR?? Why would it have change manufacturers? Are they owned by the same company? Have they merged? Now I dont know what brand it is?!?!

Can anyone help?

When doing a search for “ECS PCCHIPS” on Google, I’m somehow getting the suspicsion that this might be one and the same brand!

To identify your mainboard, give SiSoft Sandra (get it from www.download.com) a try…

SiSoft Sandra 2002 also identifies it as an ECS mainboard but does not supply a model #. I will do some digging and see if these companies are indeed the same.

Thank you for your help.

Take a look at this one:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/inadvance/cosy.html

Well, it IS an M810L as the bios string suggests. I have updated the BIOS and all is working well. I do believe that the 2 companies are the same, though. I have see a lot of sites refer to them as PCChips/ECS as you’ll have pointed out. Thank you for your prompt replies.

Take a look at the VIA microATX boards on this page. None of the SiS boards matched your description so it must be a VIA.

No…it is indeed an SiS 730S chipset. It is the M810L PCChips mainboard. Thank you for your efforts though. :bigsmile:

Hi, i`m from Romania. Please, i need the original bios of 62-0806-001131-00101111-071595-SIS730S-M810LR-H
Please… i have faild in bios update… help me… please
this is my e-mail mitelul@yahoo.com
Please… 10x

get a program known as SIW…Great program to know everything about your computer…N best of all it’s free :slight_smile:

@MITELUL

are you able to atleast turn on your computer?

If not open your casing…look for a round sliver like circle…It’s the CMOS…remove it n put it back in after 3 hours…then power on your pc…it should work fine…be careful with the bios in the futur buddy

here’s the pic of a CMOS:

http://www.infopackets.com/graphics/cmos+jumper.gif

Hey overclocking, you ever messed with a Dell? I tried to clear the CMOS and after 2 hours I put the battery back in, and it still has the information stored. First I had a read disc error, so I had thought it was the hdd. I put in a new one I had and the same thing. Changed the ide cable and that fixed that. Now it will not boot into windows, freeeeezzzing up. I’m formatting the hd again and reloading all the drivers. If I get it fixed I’m selling it to some Dude who wants a Dell. If you or any other freaks know something I may have missed please post it for me. Thanks all!!! Dan

I have never really messed with a dell machine before…I heard they are good machines but comes with some lock features which are very annoying…maybe somebody else can help you…

Did you try dell’s online support? I was browsing it one day n they tell ways to reset the bios n etc…U should try buddy…Gudluck

another thing I just remembered…MY old computer(which is 8 years old) had an intel mobo…Taking out the cmos n putting after 2 hours didnt help…It still had all the info just like you…So I tried to take the CMOS out for 1 day n it worked…It was restored…so try it…Maybe it will work…

[quote=overclocking;2187597]I have never really messed with a dell machine before…I heard they are good machines but comes with some lock features which are very annoying…maybe somebody else can help you…

Did you try dell’s online support? I was browsing it one day n they tell ways to reset the bios n etc…U should try buddy…Gudluck

another thing I just remembered…MY old computer(which is 8 years old) had an intel mobo…Taking out the cmos n putting after 2 hours didnt help…It still had all the info just like you…So I tried to take the CMOS out for 1 day n it worked…It was restored…so try it…Maybe it will work…[/quote]
Yeah I figured I might have to leave it out longer, there is still to much stuff left. I’m tring to reload windows and the files are not loading up the way they should, too slow. I did talk to a tech support guy but I don’t understand most of the people from India.:frowning: Yeah I’m not happy with the BIOS locked, I wasted my money putting in the 400MHz memory since it’s locked on 266MHz. BUT if I purchase a P4 processor [which was the most expensive one] I can get my 400 memory to run at the correct speed. Thats why I’m looking for a Dude to by a Dell. I’ll try their site again.Thanks for the reply…

what processor are you using?

It came stock with a Celeron 2.53GHz D/340 class Processor. Socket 478. If I remember I talked with a Dell Tech guy when it was under warranty. Thats how I found out that the BIOS were locked and I couldn’t change the memory to run at 400MHz untill I upgraded to a P4 2.7-3.0GHz Processor. I did have a 2.93GHz Celeron Processor I tried but unless I use a P4 it will only run the memory at 266. Sucks. They only thing I do like is that the one disc that came with the system does a great job of testing every thing. I think that took 5 hours to check the board, rom, memory, cpu and the hdd. Everything passed. Back to the Processor, it runs @ 533MHz FSB, I’m only guessing that if I put in a P4 it may run @ 800MHz which will unlock the memory settings in the BIOS so I can set it at 400MHz instead of the 266MHz. One thing I need to remember is it was back in March of 08 when I checked newegg.com for an upgrade. The cost should be a lot lower now.

I have a core 2 duo E7300 2.66 oc’d to 3.0…It’s a cheap one…But it’s a great processor…If you are looking for something cheap but with great performance, u should buy it…But make sure your mobo supports a core 2 duo but I dont think so as you said your board’s socket is 478…I dont quiet undertand that socket thing but the core 2 duo socket type is 775…N it wont work on your mobo…But a P4 will work…gudluck buddy

No it only takes single cores, but after a day I did get it to fire up normal and with good speed. But even after I kept the CMOS cleared over night and till about 3 hours ago [jumper set to clear also] it still kept the key code to windows so there was no need to type in the key 4 activation. Strange? Thats the problem I have with these systems, I don’t have to tell you how many problems this could cause during a clean install or changing OS’s. On to the next thing, a member was looking for help for a BIOS crash, I went to badflash.com & motherboard.org. I did find a guy who does do chip repairs/replacement and reflashing if it helps. But I am going to check out where I can find a P4 for this Dell, if it’s cheap I may just get it. I ran into 400MHz memory [1gb sticks] for $19.00 each since this board can handle 2gb’s of ram then all hope is not lost. I might be able to get it to run like a real computer. One thing I can say is I still have an asus A7N8X w/an AMD 2600+ & 1.5gb of 333MHz memory and it puts the spank on the Dell. Thanks again for your replies overclocking, sometimes it helps just to talk about these sort of things to vent and in my case I was venting, alot…

check at newegg.com

They have good deals