MotherBoard~ Controlers/Raid\PCI Card =[

Hello All- my question is fairly simple I believe with a compatibility question.

I want to buy a SATA / IDE / USB Combo Card RAID for my Dell Dimension 3000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124016

issue is that… I don’t know if it is compatible with my motherboard,
I “downloaded” :stuck_out_tongue: EVEREST so I can supply a correct information.
Below is an attachment of the information in notepad.

[Can anyone help me with this issue, and give a little knowledge for me too]

~Reason why I want the Card is so I can buy an external HDD for my computer; all new external HDD use only ( USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA )

Let me know if you need any other information__Thank You in Advance :iagree:

VIA is far from ideal but I guess that’s what you have to go for if you want an all in one card.
//Danne

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2235734]VIA is far from ideal but I guess that’s what you have to go for if you want an all in one card.
//Danne[/QUOTE]

What does that exactly mean? Could you explain…

Also do you know if it would be compatible?
___How could I tell¿

[QUOTE=PhantomTrace;2235752]What does that exactly mean? Could you explain…

Also do you know if it would be compatible?
___How could I tell¿[/QUOTE]

If your that concern you should contact Syba and or Newegg support for help they would know more about their product. All I would say is if you do purchase that card make sure you have the correct drivers loaded for that card to make it work properly. Beyond that I think it should work for you. But as before contact them if your having concerns. Did you notice your computer has USB 2.0 ports as well? I there a reason why you can’t use those ports??? I would stay away from fireware HDD and for esata they are still new and if you can live with USB 2.0 then stay with 2.0 for the time being…USB isn’t going to go away anytime soon…since they have USB 3.0 coming out…that is backward compatible to 2.0, 1.1 components…

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3000/en/SM/index.htm

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2235833]If your that concern you should contact Syba and or Newegg support for help they would know more about their product. All I would say is if you do purchase that card make sure you have the correct drivers loaded for that card to make it work properly. Beyond that I think it should work for you. But as before contact them if your having concerns. Did you notice your computer has USB 2.0 ports as well? I there a reason why you can’t use those ports??? I would stay away from fireware HDD and for esata they are still new and if you can live with USB 2.0 then stay with 2.0 for the time being…USB isn’t going to go away anytime soon…since they have USB 3.0 coming out…that is backward compatible to 2.0, 1.1 components…

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3000/en/SM/index.htm[/QUOTE]

I took your advice in the other forum and tried contacting Dell but to even contact them you have to pay $ if your warranty is expired on your system service tag. I’ll try contacting both Syba and Newegg, but as for my computer it does not have USB 2.0 ports only has 1.0 ports. I want the PCI card to use USB 2.0 and eSata for an external hdd. Well I guess I’ll stick with USB 2.0 to stay on the safe side.

I guess I’ll report back with a response after contacting them.
-Does anyone know how to figure out how hardware is compatible with your system?_Prob a stupid question lol :eek:

This is what I gather from the dell site on your computer. Are you sure it’s not 2.0 rather then the 1.0???

two front-panel and four back-panel USB 2.0–compliant connectors

Cause that comes right off from their site about your dell 3000 unit…