Mother board

Hi, this mb asus P5L-MX from new egg reads on the manufacturing site that it can support sata 300/150 hard drives would this be right. also trying to find a replacement mb d915gag from a sony viao its only 2 years old and the mb took a crap , where would i look , thanks

[quote=raider12;1918814]Hi, this mb asus P5L-MX from new egg reads on the manufacturing site that it can support sata 300/150 hard drives would this be right.
[/quote]
Yes.
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1320&l1=3&l2=11&l3=194

[quote=raider12;1918814]
also trying to find a replacement mb d915gag from a sony viao its only 2 years old and the mb took a crap , where would i look , thanks[/quote]
Sony support.

do you think this board will line up with my case its a sony viao i know a micro board came out of it , thanks

Aren’t Viao’s laptops?

Laptop boards are custom … you can only get a replacement motherboard exactly the same … from the manufacturer of the laptop :confused:

no, its a desktop sony viao vgc-rb34g

[QUOTE=raider12;1919258]no, its a desktop sony viao vgc-rb34g[/QUOTE]

That Sony desktop tower uses a microATX form factor motherboard. So any of the mATX mobos will fit the case. You just have to make sure that the case’s existing power supply unit can handle the increased power requirements of an upgraded system. Unfortunately, OEM PC manufacturers’ mATX power supply units have an output of only 200W to 250W maximum, which (depending on the computer’s stock configuration) is often barely adequate for the PC’s original preinstalled parts.

thanks for the info, just worried about the front panel connector …its a 10 pin and i hope most micro boards have that.

[QUOTE=raider12;1919574]thanks for the info, just worried about the front panel connector …its a 10 pin and i hope most micro boards have that.[/QUOTE]
You might have to modify the front panel header wiring. And you my run into more modifying that this :doh: but i hope not for you.

Go Chiefs!

go raiders , just win baby