Most reliable boot drive?

vbimport

-maxtor?
-wd caviar?
-wd raptor?
-seagate?

what is best?
thnx in advance…

I’ve only used Maxtor and Seagate out of that list, but of those two I’d say Seagate. :slight_smile:

Edit: You’ll get so many opinions on this one…it’s like AMD and Intel :bigsmile:

but the raptor is so bleeding fast(10000rpm;4,5ms)!! :iagree: :bow: :bow:
dunno if it’s reliable though… :sad: :sad: :sad:

thx for fast response Arachne.aka spiderwoman :stuck_out_tongue: (u are a gr8 mod!) :iagree: :iagree:

WD Raptor has one of the longest rated life expectancies in the world at 1.5 million hours. Also has a 5 year warranty. As a boot and OS/application drive they cannot be beat for speed. It’s probably the single most effective speed upgrade you can make for your PC.

I have 4 running here, one of the oldest ones died due to a bad platter (lost sectors), the others have been running 24/7, one for about 3 years.

Reliable? Well, [B]all[/B] HDDs do fail sometime despite its MTBF rating. Go for RAID 1 if you’re looking for reliability, I’d personally go with Hitachi’s T7K250 series. Good access time and performance for a nice penny.
//Danne

Samsung :iagree: Very popular in my country and have the lowest percent of returned HDDs for a guarantee service.

i have used maxtor(quantum also) and seagate… ppl will say seagate but i like maxtor :slight_smile:

From this list: Seagate.