More windows 98 errors

My friend sent this to me today in an email

"one more questions…our internetis kinda broken…you see i startup neopets but as soon as i click on a game or anythign it says somethign like “internal error” and “if error continues restart computer” and stuff…abotu explorer…well i tried downloading a new explorer 2 times…but it still isnt working and my neopets are dieing! ah. ok…well if you have any ideas of somethign i can do i am pretty desperate…anyways. much studying to do
"

Does anyone know what causes strange errors in windows 98? I have had silly things like this happen to me also when using windows 98, not that i use it anymore. I’m guessing re-installing flash might fix this because these “neopet” games are in flash. I guess a away around it would be to tell her to download the opera web browser but that does not really fix the problem. I guess installing windows 2000 probably would fix it? Does anyone know a good wasy of figuring out causing this error? thanks

that crap site is full of flash , ever thought of updating your flash macromedia player and all the plugins around it ?

yeah it is a crap site. How can you uninstall flash and all them plugins anyways? can that be done from the add remove programs?

Originally posted by el_walto
yeah it is a crap site. How can you uninstall flash and all them plugins anyways? can that be done from the add remove programs?

sadly noy all of the flash plugin stuff in under the “software management” of windows. There are some tools that can get rid of all the installed plugins on IE , but i have no clue where to find it.

Mind you that without flash and the macromedia player , the site may be utterly useless to you.

you could also create a default style sheet for IE that will block flash (.swf) files?

you could also maybe get into the registry, i believe, find the plugin location for flash, and change it. it might throw errors when it tries to play flash, though. IE isnt very friendly for removing plugins.

My daughters neopets are always full :slight_smile: I thought that those sites prompted you if you need a flash update. I suggest looking for windows updates that might not be installed. I can’t imagine it being a good idea to keep reinstalling windows exploder! She is also running it on a win98 1stedition with all critical updates and win98 updates, except language stuff. I must add that that cr@p is on her pc not mine!:bigsmile: