More unwelcome changes for Windows 10 Pro

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: More unwelcome changes for Windows 10 Pro[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/07/Windows_10_Logo_04-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/unwelcome-changes-windows-10-pro-80077/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Glad I not installed it on my Self Build PC. Win7 forever on there. But got Win10 pro on my other PC so looks like I’ll either be Un-installing it or getting a P*&^^"t Enterprise just to stuff Microsoft. They must be IDIOTS mun.

First of all, it is not just ‘getting’ an Enterprise edition at least not legally as there are requirements for minimum installs and volume licensing.
While less control is indeed unwelcome, I do not think this gives reasons for concern.

Why I think that?
Well, I do not doubt for a second that just like O&O ShutUp10 came to the rescue with a single interface to control most if not all Windows 10 telemetry from one screen, some 3rdparty freeware will come along to aid in regaining control of these aspects.
We have seen this with the Start menu especially for Windows 8 where we got many both free and paid alternatives, even for utilities of limited usability provided with the OS like regedit.exe and notepad.exe there are several free utilities offered out there which brings in needed functions and so mitigate the shortcomings.

As an ultimate last line of defense we can always use a hosts file… and should they shut off that possibility, we can move the entries to the hardware firewall and be done with it.
The fact that this also will shut off Windows 10 updates and so lessen security I will personally blame on Microsoft as they work against their own customers. By lessening the control the user have, they are indeed lessening the customer’s possibility to reduce the attack surface of the OS and so lessening security themselves by this move.

Windows 10 Pro is still the main software for smaller businesses and there is absolutely no call for Microsoft to turn these features off to try and force people onto the Enterprise version, which is whyt they have done it.

It’s one thing to take stuff out of the OS before it’s released, it’s another to remove it afterwards. I suspect even more people are getting rather fed up with Microsoft over stupid stunts like this.

[QUOTE=biggles77;2778609]Guys, don’t forget the “Anniversary Update” that is supposedly due August 2nd (USA time) and is likely to remove any of your attempts to neuter the unwanted parts of the spy software called Windows 10. [/QUOTE]

Posted in another thread and so I reply on topic here

With that said, nothing new under the sun I would say. They have constantly reduced the tools and options available to the user ever since Windows 2000 which still occurs to me as the most functional Windows version.
They started by removing the advanced tools for administering and repair the OS, and now they continue by hardening their control of user privileges and software distribution which as I say will lead to medium to advanced users wanting to restrict Windows update from running at all. Then the tools will come along to aid novices in this task. I mean, who the heck needs to be force fed games, leisure and social media applications? Personally since it is available to me, I notice I do install the Enterprise N LTSB edition more and more often to remove bloat.

[QUOTE=roho;2778613]Windows 10 Pro is still the main software for smaller businesses and there is absolutely no call for Microsoft to turn these features off to try and force people onto the Enterprise version, which is whyt they have done it.

It’s one thing to take stuff out of the OS before it’s released, it’s another to remove it afterwards. I suspect even more people are getting rather fed up with Microsoft over stupid stunts like this.[/QUOTE]

Users disagreeing with Microsoft’s move with Windows 10 are being creative and while it is not entirely possible to get all the way there for most, you do not have to search too long to find a script than makes your installation an officially non existent Windows 10 Pro LTSB with all Windows bloat removed. I see this as the same as jailbreaking or rooting any other OS which I think is good.

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, Mohammed will have to move it manually himself :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2778615]
Users disagreeing with Microsoft’s move with Windows 10 are being creative and while it is not entirely possible to get all the way there for most, you do not have to search too long to find a script than makes your installation an officially non existent Windows 10 Pro LTSB with all Windows bloat removed. I see this as the same as jailbreaking or rooting any other OS which I think is good.

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, Mohammed will have to move it manually himself :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

There will be workarounds of course, but this is about Microsoft removing things from the PROFESSIONAL version of Windows 10 mid stream just to push users to another version of Windows. Users pay good money for the Pro edition of Windows for a reason, but it could eventually end up being almost the Home edition.

One has to ask, what else has Microsoft got up it’s sleeve for Windows 10 in the coming months or years…?

Agreed, it will cause general trouble at least for most of the SMB market which are kept from the Enterprise version by a change in Microsoft requirement a while back requiring an numer of installs (was that 500?). I read something about it a while back, and while I do not remember exactly, I will no longer have access to Enterprise myself once effective :frowning:

In a business environment, going to private (kitchen sink) patches for solving challenges may prove to be an expensive experience :flower:

Sounds like another field they for the european commision to me. Forcing users to install apps they don’t need or not offer them a choice? Hmm, remember the windows N editions? :slight_smile:

I was just coming around to installing 10Pro on my main desktop… meh, now I have to wait for both the torrents bruhaha to settle down and be able to find a decent copy of enterprise now… if anything this MAY DELAY more people getting the upgrade than push people towards it!
Oh well, MS’s loss…

The heck with Windows 10, there are plenty of other operating systems in the sea. *BSD, Solaris, Illumos, ReactOS (which has finally reached Alpha), and my personal favorite, GNU/Linux.