More sites follow in Demonoid's footsteps, leaving US domains

vbimport

More sites follow in Demonoid’s footsteps, leaving US domains.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/tMVnik.jpg[/newsimage]A sort of mass-exodus from US-controlled .COM domains is taking place, with dozens of sites registering alternate domains in nations where chances of persecution for association with copyright infringing activities is slim. This action has been sparked by the domain seizures in the United States, performed by the Department of Homeland Security and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency that occurred just a week ago.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/more-sites-follow-in-demonoids-footsteps-leaving-us-domains-37340/](http://www.myce.com/news/more-sites-follow-in-demonoids-footsteps-leaving-us-domains-37340/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The irony is killing me.
Next weeks headline: 50% of internet traffic routed through china :iagree:
Wait … Didn’t that already happen?

[QUOTE=debro;2561558]The irony is killing me.
Next weeks headline: 50% of internet traffic routed through china :iagree:
Wait … Didn’t that already happen?[/QUOTE]

LOL! :clap:

Overpaid Hollywood actors with a strong union, musicians that never get their royalties. I’d hardly call 12 a mass exodus but at least it’s a start. I think Homeland Security is being wasted on this. It’s anathema to what they were set up for. Some super rich people not getting their cut is hardly a national security issue. This is going global anyway, as these world wide corporate entities exert their power. It isn’t only the U.S… DRM has to be addressed. Sending 16 year old kids and Moms to jail is just plain stupid. As far as China goes, you can copy anything there but you could spend 20 years in jail for insulting the wrong person. I’d feel better serving the time insulting the political leader but would feel stupid losing my house and going to jail for some DRM issue. In reality, I’d rather have to right to insult the political leader and have to cough up money a couple of times for the same music I own.

DRM, to me, means “Doesn’t Really Matter” as I have found more Creative Commons music that, in some instances, put the mainstream music to shame.
The artists I’ve become associated with on Jamendo work to present their music and without all the hoopalah of being pushed to put out product…

[QUOTE=SouthOMike;2562281]DRM, to me, means “Doesn’t Really Matter” as I have found more Creative Commons music that, in some instances, put the mainstream music to shame.
The artists I’ve become associated with on Jamendo work to present their music and without all the hoopalah of being pushed to put out product…[/QUOTE]

They are the future and therefore the only present that matters.

[QUOTE=SouthOMike;2562281]DRM, to me, means “Doesn’t Really Matter” as I have found more Creative Commons music that, in some instances, put the mainstream music to shame.
The artists I’ve become associated with on Jamendo work to present their music and without all the hoopalah of being pushed to put out product…[/QUOTE]

Loud Applause!