More information on Windows 365 emerge – cloud based OS platform

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: More information on Windows 365 emerge – cloud based OS platform[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/08/myce-windows-365-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft’s Windows 365 cloud operating system seems to be a reality. Information from LinkedIn appear to confirm the platform is in development and reveals some details on what Windows 365 actually is.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/more-information-on-windows-365-emerge-cloud-based-os-platform-72429](http://www.myce.com/news/more-information-on-windows-365-emerge-cloud-based-os-platform-72429)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They have to fire their projects manager…:bigsmile:
IMHO,a little bit too late,as mostly with the last recent technologies…ChromeOs is already mature while Windows 365 hasn’t seen the daylight yet…:bigsmile:
I think it will go the same way as Windows Phone 8,only a small market share while shareholders would expect a lot more from M$ the giant…:cool:
And personally speaking,Microsoft can stick their new cloud based OS where the sun never shines,as I refuse to rely on a cloud based OS for productivity…:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I also refuse to use “the cloud” for productivity. The only type of OS that can be dependable and trustworthy is the traditional system, which must be installed on the HDD. If the cloud servers go down, so do the people using these programs. If the user gets disconnected from the internet, they may as well be disconnected from any power sources. To make matters worse, imagine trying to run a cloud os with slow, internet, that comes bundled with data caps.

Let’s not forget to mention the simple fact that the cloud is almost guaranteed to have malicious features, such as DRM (which will have the same functionality as a traditional rootkit), spyware, limited functionality for some users (that is, the poor who can’t afford “nicer” features), and other goodies that have made the tech industry an object of ridicule among it’s own customers.

… and here I thought Windows 8 was going to be MS’s biggest OS software failure ever.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2734164]They have to fire their projects manager…:bigsmile:
IMHO,a little bit too late,as mostly with the last recent technologies…ChromeOs is already mature while Windows 365 hasn’t seen the daylight yet…:bigsmile:
I think it will go the same way as Windows Phone 8,only a small market share while shareholders would expect a lot more from M$ the giant…:cool:
And personally speaking,Microsoft can stick their new cloud based OS where the sun never shines,as I refuse to rely on a cloud based OS for productivity…:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Stop reading my mind your driving me nuts RW…:bigsmile::bigsmile::bow:

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2734228]Let’s not forget to mention the simple fact that the cloud is almost guaranteed to have malicious features, such as DRM (which will have the same functionality as a traditional rootkit), spyware, limited functionality for some users (that is, the poor who can’t afford “nicer” features), and other goodies that have made the tech industry an object of ridicule among it’s own customers.[/QUOTE]

It’s the government’s wet dream…all data of their citizens available on centralized servers with backdoors and easlily prone to subpoenas to hand over the data …:eek:
And the tech industry better puts more money in market research to learn people’s interests than trying to force technologies through our throats which we’re not interested in…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2734238]Stop reading my mind your driving me nuts RW…:bigsmile::bigsmile::bow:[/QUOTE]

Better put up your tin foil hat,buddy…:bigsmile::wink:

[QUOTE=UTR;2734230]… and here I thought Windows 8 was going to be MS’s biggest OS software failure ever.[/QUOTE]
Makes Windows ME look pretty good . ( I did use ME for a while but rolled back to 98SE). So I’m not just ragging on ME because everyone else does.
I did take the ME USB drivers with the rollback.
My main OS is still Vista & overall it works well for me . It’s not exactly out of the box anymore .

[QUOTE=roadworker;2734245] Better put up your tin foil hat,buddy…:bigsmile:;)[/QUOTE]
I had me a lead one made years ago . A little heavy but kicks tin or aluminums tail. :bigsmile:

I’m like the rest of you no cloud OS for me.