More Gnutella information

vbimport

I just posted the article More Gnutella information.

I was very interested in the Gnutella program, so I decided to look around for some information. Once I downloaded the file from MP3-Tip (a Dutch site) a whole new world opened for me. The bad thing…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/327-More-Gnutella-information.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/327-More-Gnutella-information.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Everybody is saying that it is great, but I don’t understand it. Could someone please mail (in dutch or english)how this program works? Thanx :smiley:

Version .50C seems to be corrupt.

I love the fact that you can monitor peole’s searches in real time!! This is awesome.

If you read the pages as given, you will understand it…

Het is alleen jammer dat er geen hoge download snelheid mee te halen is… Hij komt bijna nooit bove de 2k terwijl napster dat wel doet.

Yes, in fact, the program (and especcially the idea) is really great. Though, still there is a lot to fix. The speed is crap, and the program itself has major bugs. (resizing, entering more ip’s at once, some kind of a chat system etc.ect…)

I searched for gnutella.exe and found a version .50d. Don’t know what difference there is, but there will be some…

I searched for gnutella.exe and found a version .50d. Don’t know what difference there is, but there will be some…

yups, when you run it, it installs the SubSeven.backdoor.V21 on your system and returns a “corrupt exe error”. They call it a fake … Some lamer of RIAA trying to discredit gnutella prabably.
Also the ‘gnutella source.zip’ is the same fake

Notice gnutella -50c =±100kb and this 50d is 380kbyte!

watch out …

I’m using a proxy and I can’t get this program to work. Any suggestions?

I can’t follow the ports thing. What digits do we have to use in wich situation to make the Gnutellanetwork bigger? Couldn’t find info on that at nerdher.Love the prog. You can download anything Win2K, Cooledit2000. Slow download speed? I don’t think its Guntella’s fault. Most of the users are in the US. That should explain the slow connections.

50c isn’t a subseven server is it?? because it works fine by me!
and my firewall didn’t noticed it…