More fun with ARccOS

Hi everyone.

I’m new to the cdfreaks forums, so forgive me if this issue has been already raised.

A few weeks ago I purchased PBS’s “The Blues.” For those of you who are blues fans, I can’t recommend this program highly enough. Anyhow, It had a hefty $140 price tag (7 discs), and this weekend I’m going down to visit some college friends (whom are blues listeners, we’re from Chicago after all!), and not wishing to bring along the original copies only to see them destroyed in the ensuing chaos, I’ve tried to make backup copies so I could keep the real thing safe in the cabinet. Alas, I’m having some problems.

They’re Sony discs and I’m getting sector errors, so we know what that means. I’ve been researching ways around it but with no success. I’ve found an artical on PSL files but I can’t find any PSL files to download (not for The Blues anyway), then I read that I could make my own with PgcEdit w/ plugin, but PgcEdit Gives me a bunch of bizarre error messages when I try to load the DVD, not to mention the fact that I’m pretty new at this and don’t know where to put in the error log data from DVD Decrypter, all the while being confused on how PgcEdit works.

I’ve tried running the AnyDvd 5.5.1.1 trial along with DVD Decrypter, which from what I’ve read undermines ARccOS, but it doesn’t seem to work (and I have the unreadable sectors protection on), still giving me the same result at the 9% mark.

If anyone has any tips or if you could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Contact slysoft via email http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html

Email the ifo’s and if necessary they will update Any DVD.

@ NickyHopkins,

Welcome to the Forum.

Concerning the use of AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter. Suggest viewing the below forum posting for the proper configuration of DVD Decrypter when using AnyDVD. Note comments in posting #5 and #8 in the referenced thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139161&highlight=AnyDVD+DVD+Decrypter

Suggest sending information on the PBS ‘The Blues’ DVD Title to both Elaborate Bytes and SlySoft for analyzing so if there is a new variant on a copy protection scheme that they can improve the AnyDVD software program. Below is information on how to send the required information to both Elaborate Bytes and SlySoft.

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be gray).

2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.

3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your Hard Disk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!

4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don’t forget it).

5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., PBS the Blues_Problem_Movie.Zip)

6.) Write an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @) and also to bugs(at)elby.ch (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, PBS The Blues, R1, USA), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.

7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.

8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

Best Regards,
bjkg