Monster House?

I keep getting unable to read file at about 85% complete on analysing. Does anyone have any info they could share with me on how ot correct this and copy the dvd?

Please provide more Info.

:cool: :cool:

GA_Dawg -

Suggest reviewing the AnyDVD Forum Read First posting titled “New posters with ripping/burning problems” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=182650) and note the pertinent information requested in that posting and provide that information in this posting.

BeLooken

yeah what he said x2 :iagree:

sounds like ur using dvd shrink and anydvd right? i did this one with no issue with latest anydvd and clonedvd2

Anyone know what he’s running?
We want to help, but need info.

I have had problems with ANYDVD removing copy protection from several different DVD’s over the course of the last month. Their support staff suggested I download their product CLONEDVD. I didn’t try that for the simple reason in the time it took them to respond I used Ripit4Me together with FIXVTS1.6 which resolved the problem. It takes a little longer since that process includes ripping the entire DVD onto your HD and then running Shrink. RIPit4Me and FixVST are both freeware.

Newbie…we forum users need more info just giving vague information and asking for help doesn’t help or allow forum users to give much advice or help. It amazies me we they ask for help they dont give revisions or firmware or
O/S.

Ham, you are not the only one to have that problem or receive that response. Ever since the last update anydvd does not work for me on new movies. Beware you may get verbally spanked for mentioning other freeware applications here as alternatives for the recent problem with anydvd for those of us who dont have clonedvd. The second response I got from slysoft was to use the anydvd ripper. By that time I had decided to go with other freeware applications for decryption and ripping.

That’s not the only thing one needs to be careful of in here; apparently AnyDVD is the God of removing copy protection from DVD’s, and there’s no way it could be the software (or its update) that’s the problem with backing up movies
I too, couldn’t get monster house backed up until I reverted to a previous version of AnyDVD, used with CloneDVD.

> Ham, you are not the only one to have that problem
> or receive that response. Ever since the last update
> anydvd does not work for me on new movies.

You guys seem to be in the minority though. The most recent update appears to be working fine for the vast majority of users. Usually someone posts they are having problems, but doesn’t give specifics - not just on the exact copy software and versions but also on the computer in general - operating system, updates installed, other programs installed, etc… Without that info it’s hard to diagnose. Since it’s working with the vast majority it’s even harder to diagnose as it’s surely an issue with your specific hardware/software configuation. People try to help, but we can’t if we don’t have the info so we can try and duplicate the problem and then seek the solution.

> Beware you may get verbally spanked for mentioning
> other freeware applications here as alternatives for
> the recent problem with anydvd

And you should. If I were a Moderator I’d be a bit more heavy handed on such posts. This is NOT a general copy forum, it’s a forum that’s SPECIFICALLY for AnyDVD. We should discuss AnyDVD only. If AnyDVD is not working for you then we need to troubleshoot it, not just say “give up and use XYZ’s program”! First if one does that they will simply quit using AnyDVD before the problem is solved and we all genuinely want AnyDVD to be successfull with as many systems as possible. Second, you are doing them a big disservice by referring them to other software . . . such softwares come and go, none have hung around for long. Pretty soon whatever software you recommend will probably stop being updated, a new protection scheme will come out, and the user will be in the same boat they are now. Might as well just hammer the problem out with AnyDVD as it’s simply the ONLY type of this software that’s proven to be in for the long haul.

> for those of us who dont have clonedvd.

That’s because CloneDVD is a “matched” product, so your best chances of success are with it. AnyDVD does it’s job (stripping the CSS off), but many of the other programs aren’t up to the job of dealing with the new additional protections and then AnyDVD gets the blame. SlySoft has went out of it’s way to make AnyDVD crutch these other programs, but we can’t expect them to be support for someone else’s product.

> The second response I got from slysoft was to use the anydvd ripper.

Yes, that’s a good idea when having problems -> and if you’d spent some time reading this forum’s archives you would’ve discovered that!

> By that time I had decided to go with other freeware
> applications for decryption and ripping.

But you DID get an answer! Try getting an answer from DVD X Copy, DVDecrypter, etc.! When you run into a problem your new freeware can’t handle I’ll venture to bet there wont be any support available for it either.

SlySoft is commited to the continueing development of their products and they’ve been doing exactly that longer than anyone else. They are a little slow answering individual emails, but they usually do answer - unlike most other software developers. For quicker answers you can also post here - we’ll try to help IF you first do a little research to see if your problem has already been discussed and solved. If it hasn’t been then we NEED specific information to be able to help. “Drop AnyDVD and use XYZ’s software” is NOT usually a valid long term solution and is not an appropriate answer.

> That’s not the only thing one needs to be careful of in here;
> apparently AnyDVD is the God of removing copy protection
> from DVD’s,

Actually, they ARE! <grin>

You should realize though that you are in the AnyDVD forum, not a general copy forum, so you should stay on topic. If you want to use/discuss/recommend another product then go visit it’s specific forum . . .

> and there’s no way it could be the software
> (or its update) that’s the problem with backing
> up movies

Oh come on, you KNOW better than that! There’s been many, many updates to the program to fix bugs, cope with new protections, etc.! There’s been many, many threads here in the forum helping people who were having problems making things work with their specific systems!

> I too, couldn’t get monster house backed up until
> I reverted to a previous version of AnyDVD, used
> with CloneDVD.

Then post the specifics of the software AND the hardware and software of your system and we’ll try to help. Again though, realize that the software is working for literally thousands of people so it’s almost surely a problem with your specific hardware/software combination and it’s hard for those without your specific hardware/software to diagnose from a long distance so it may take a while to hammer it out.

We continually try to help you but you refuse to offer anything we ask, so you do what in return??? This title isn’t a problem for anydvd within itself as I have copied it without a hitch. Oh for the record I use 2 sony drives on top of that. As Svensontini has stated the problem isn’t anydvd it is most likely the outdated dvd shrink or even outdated or not nero recode. These softwares can back up DVD’s but with new this and newer that the software just can’t do as good anymore. This is why people move on and buy software that’s reputable. DVD X COPY was the thing in the past and it did work for some as well. As for dvd x copy international redirecting you here I think not but that’s not saying they didn’t either. As that company now makes DVD neXt COPY which I too happen to use and see if it can handle these new releases. I am not promoting the software as it is by far inferior to anydvd. Enough rant as Svensontini stated we have asked for details on your system not that the other 4 are the same ect… and the problem is still there. Of course the problem is still there as the other 4 systems are the exact same as the original one your were trying. That’s like saying I put water in the tank to stretch out the gas and that fail so I got the other car and used a friends tap water and it still isn’t working right. even after I cleaned the tank and tried again. Same hardware but different software. Until you provide the information asked yes you’ll get these replies due to we don’t want to say try this or that and you already have tried that and it didn’t work. Why should we exaust ourselves in helping you we would like to help but you must first provide all asked to get the individual help that each person not just you require. From what we do know the first 2 things I would say is bad dvd reader/writer, the second thing I’d say to help you currently is you are not using TY media nor verbatim. But even after I wrote this I bet you’ll say that anydvd plus ( put your software here ) worked prior to the update. What about firmware is that up to date?

XP Pro sp2 OS
CPU = Pentium D 830
Ram = 4GB Kingston Non-EC
HD = 2.5TB (2 X 500GB Serial - 2 X 250 SCSI - 2 X 250 EIDE Adapter - 2 X 250 EIDE)
CD-RW = INTERNAL PLEXWRITER PX-230A
External Plextor DVD+/-RW PX-716UF
Internal Plextor DVD+/-RW PX-716AL

Brand new burners = all firmware is current.

As far as the software I use, mainly, is AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

Media used is basic media, until i run into problems, then I break out the Verbatim

Anything else you need to know, let me know.
If you find fault with the hardware, let me know.

The media code and brand of blank media you use regularly. Is there any packet writing software installed?

Interesting is, where the optical drives are connected, and what port driver is used. There might be incompatibilities with 3rd party IDE busmaster drivers causing decryption not to be removed. (Usually running AnyDVD in “SafeMode” fixes this).

ed82264 -

You have stated when using AnyDVD v6.08.2 you were unsuccessful backing up Cars, Little Man, An American Haunting, MI3, and other Commercial Movie but unfortunately you have provided very little other information.

Why were you unable to make backup copies of these Commercial Movies? Provide a quick narrative of what occurred when you were unable make backup copies of these Commercial Movies. What if any Error Code(s) and Error Narrative(s) did you received?

When did you experience this undisclosed problem? Was your problem encounter when you were reading/ripping from the original Commercial DVD Movie or was the problem encountered when you were burning the data to your blank DVD Media?

What Multi Tasking background operations if any were being conducted when you encountered your problems with AnyDVD v6.08.2?

The more detailed information you can provide will assist Forum Members getting to the cause of your problems with AnyDVD v6.0.8.2.

BeLooken

I’ll throw all that in my original post.