Monoprice's Mechanical "Cherry MX Blue" Keyboard

vbimport

We snagged a few $50 Monoprice Mechanical Keyboards and I’ve enjoyed the feel of these for my typings.

The weight of the keyboard is slightly reminiscent of the IBM PS/2 monstrosities (which still work incredibly well, since 1986). Our Fujitsu 4700s are also favorites, because of Typing Touch and two-tone keys for easy locating.

These Monoprice Cherry’s have key-pegs (on the F and J keys) which allow me to blindly sit and start clattering away. By having both index fingers ‘key-touch located’ correctly, my first 50 words are usually correctly spelled.

We’ve ordered several more dozen for the rest of the folks but the question remains - are these worth the 3 times the price that the cheapo Logitechs are? I flip back and forth between different computers and, as long as I’m willing to look down and properly locate my hands on the Logitech (or Microsoft), my typing speeds and accuracy are unchanged.

I think the Clattering Noise will be a negative. Personally, I still don’t understand why the Caps Lock key can’t be lit up when depressed, instead of some far-opposite-side centralized LED ‘bank’ of lights being lit up. Absolutely useless, and what a waste of a few pennies in electronic tracings.

One nice comment about the All Black color - the keys are flat-matte in appearance, and the facia is Glossy Black. Even in a darkened room, I can ‘see’ the difference although I still prefer to have the original AT-style two-tone keys.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2689029]We snagged a few $50 Monoprice Mechanical Keyboards and I’ve enjoyed the feel of these for my typings.

The weight of the keyboard is slightly reminiscent of the IBM PS/2 monstrosities (which still work incredibly well, since 1986). Our Fujitsu 4700s are also favorites, because of Typing Touch and two-tone keys for easy locating.

These Monoprice Cherry’s have key-pegs (on the F and J keys) which allow me to blindly sit and start clattering away. By having both index fingers ‘key-touch located’ correctly, my first 50 words are usually correctly spelled.

We’ve ordered several more dozen for the rest of the folks but the question remains - are these worth the 3 times the price that the cheapo Logitechs are? I flip back and forth between different computers and, as long as I’m willing to look down and properly locate my hands on the Logitech (or Microsoft), my typing speeds and accuracy are unchanged.[/QUOTE]
I also use Mechanical keyboards with Cherry switches, I use the Coolermaster Storm Trigger, very nice keyboard. When I am not gaming though I do use a Logitech K800 Illuminated. I have used these 2 Keyboards for the last year or so and I really like the feel of both of them.