Western Digital Caviar 640GB
SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-650HT 650W
DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2RB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz
Vista Home Premium OEM
Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer
DDR2 4GB PC6400 DUAL CRUCIAL
ASUS Radeon HD 4850

wondering what software is out there to monitor cpu heat. I have cpuz, but it doesnt say anything about heat. Any help would be appreciated.

Also any other software must haves that I need please let me know.

I have for security
Ad-Aware
A squared
Spybot
Avg

Thanks for the help

Try SpeedFan :slight_smile:

About the “must have”, of course you need a burning software, and I suggest ImgBurn :bigsmile:

Foxit Reader for PDF (it’s free and it is available also as portable, i.e. no installation needed)

Foobar2000 as audio media player (for audio stuff) and VLC as video media player.

Of course, the “must have” list is related also to the usage you will do with the computer, so more specific information is needed :wink:

Another free temperature monitoring program for cpu’s is CoreTemp.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

The intersting point with CoreTemp is this software reads out the internal temperature sensors of the CPU not external sensors anywhere placed on the motherboard. It is a real nice piece of software.

core temp works great thanks for the info.

I have vista oem, I dont have microsoft word, are there any free programs out there that have the same functionality of word.

I do a little of everything, video editing, numerical processing, and gaming.

[QUOTE=pupuplader;2140278]core temp works great thanks for the info.

I have vista oem, I dont have microsoft word, are there any free programs out there that have the same functionality of word.

I do a little of everything, video editing, numerical processing, and gaming.[/QUOTE]

Okay here you go FREE Open Office I have used it before it is almost the same thing as Microsoft Office
only it is FREE of charge. :wink:

http://www.openoffice.org/