Monitor turns off

my pc is running windows xp and now and again my monitor will turn off and say there is no video input. If i move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard it wont switch back on and i have to press restart for the monitor to come back on. i have checked the windows power options just to make sure it wasnt set to go into standby after a certain time and its set to never turn off. its a 15" tft monitor resolution im using atm is 1024 by 768 and my graphics card is radeon 9200 series. ive never had any problems with the graphics card before and the graphics r still as good as the day i 1st used it, and the monitor is new as well. Hope you can help as my minds now at a blank as to what could b wrong thanx:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Hi kattss, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

First thing to check, if you haven’t already, would be all the monitor connections and the monitor connection to the vid card. Just to eliminate a loose or dodgy connection.

Also trying the monitor hooked up to another PC might be an option - since you say the monitor is new, did it work OK when you first got it?