Monitor Resolution

vbimport

I have a Dell Dimension PC about 4 years old. Eevery time I turn it on the monitor resolution slips to 640 x 480
How can I prevent this, or what causes it?

[QUOTE=Deefer;2529529]I have a Dell Dimension PC about 4 years old. Eevery time I turn it on the monitor resolution slips to 640 x 480
How can I prevent this, or what causes it?[/QUOTE]

What driver are you using for the monitor? And what make and model is your computer and do you have a integrated video card or GPU?

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Deefer;2529529]I have a Dell Dimension PC about 4 years old. Eevery time I turn it on the monitor resolution slips to 640 x 480
How can I prevent this, or what causes it?[/QUOTE]Install the video drivers for your computer. Check the Service Tag which should be located on the back of your computer and go to support.dell.com to download them. If you enter your Service Tag, you should be offered the drivers you need.

Michael

Hi Michael,
I have tried this a number of times, but the downloads from Dell are not actually downloading. I think Dell have discontinued support for this machine. It appears that any PC over a couple of years old has had it.
Thanks for your help.
Deefer

Hi Deefer,

download gpu-z HERE, and let us know the “name” of the video card in your PC. We can then direct you to the latest drivers. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Deefer;2532544]Hi Michael,
I have tried this a number of times, but the downloads from Dell are not actually downloading. [/quote]Then there is something wrong with your browser or other software.

I think Dell have discontinued support for this machine. It appears that any PC over a couple of years old has had it.
I have no problems to download drivers for really old systems from support.dell.com

Michael

Try changing out your CMOS battery.