Monitor or Tower

vbimport

Hi,

I’m currently facing this problem, I just bought a new computer HP Presario CO3160AN AMD Phemon 4GB, 750GB, Win 7 Premium, NY775AA and Samsumg Monitor P2270H 21.5" Wscreen. The problem is that mainly when I watch video on a particular website, The Monitors goes black and the PC dies, no commands works, Mouse movements doesnt bring it alive, the only I do is a Hard shut down. The problem can happened varies times, after 2 minutes, or half hr, or more, I’ve already tried my new Monitor my with old Tower and no problem, Also New tower with old Monitor no problem.
I took it to where I bought it, and they couldnt find any faults they gave me a new Tower and still same problem, Any ideas will appreciated.

Thank you.

What is your Window’s 7 Event viewer telling you?

The Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. Examples of these are programs that don’t start as expected and automatically downloaded updates. Event Viewer is especially useful for troubleshooting problems with Windows and errors with other programs.

:cool::cool:

When the monitor goes out, does the sound still continue to play? If it’s a silent video, try playing some music in the background on the PC, such as list of MP3 files or Internet radio.

If the sound stops when the monitor goes out, then the issue is happening at the PC end. For example, it could be something such as a graphics driver issue when using that monitor. In this case try updating the graphics card driver.

If the sound continues, leave the PC running and swap the monitors to see if the video shows up on the old monitor. If the old monitor shows a picture after the swap, then it’s likely a fault with the new monitor or its cable. In this case, try a different cable to the monitor if it can be disconnected or try a different connection method temporarily (e.g. VGA instead of DVI and repeat the test.)

Finally, if the sound continues, but swapping with the old monitor while the PC is running still does not show a picture, then it’s probably the a graphics card or an issue with its driver.

Thank you both for the replies,

I havent tried swapping monitor while the PC is on, when I get the error there is no sound, nothing. Although I do get a quite different sound just before the monitor dies then monitor dies, the power on light on the machine is still on, however the proccesing light is not on. I tried to insert a CD to see what happens and nothing.

When I update the Graphic card driver is the best way to update it from the device manager and right click on the update drive or from the website of the graphic card,

Thank you.

[QUOTE=Seán;2499679]When the monitor goes out, does the sound still continue to play? If it’s a silent video, try playing some music in the background on the PC, such as list of MP3 files or Internet radio.

If the sound stops when the monitor goes out, then the issue is happening at the PC end. For example, it could be something such as a graphics driver issue when using that monitor. In this case try updating the graphics card driver.

If the sound continues, leave the PC running and swap the monitors to see if the video shows up on the old monitor. If the old monitor shows a picture after the swap, then it’s likely a fault with the new monitor or its cable. In this case, try a different cable to the monitor if it can be disconnected or try a different connection method temporarily (e.g. VGA instead of DVI and repeat the test.)

Finally, if the sound continues, but swapping with the old monitor while the PC is running still does not show a picture, then it’s probably the a graphics card or an issue with its driver.[/QUOTE]

For the graphics card, the best way to update is via the manufacturer’s website.

The following are driver download links to the most common brands:

[ul]
[li]ATi Radeon[/li][li]nVidia GeForce[/li][li]Intel Graphics[/li][/ul]

You can get the brand and model in the device manager, e.g. mine shows as “ATi Radeon HD 4350”, so “ATi” is the brand and “HD 4350” is the model # for mine.

This is what event manager gives me:

[[B]-[/B]](file:///C:/Users/santiago/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp1D8E.xml#) <Event xmlns="[B]http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event[/B]">
[[B]-[/B]](file:///C:/Users/santiago/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp1D8E.xml#) <System>
[B] [/B] <Provider Name="[B]Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service[/B]" Guid="[B]{6A2DC7C1-930A-4FB5-BB44-80B30AEBED6C}[/B]" EventSourceName="[B]WMPNetworkSvc[/B]" />

[B] [/B] <EventID Qualifiers="[B]49165[/B]">[B]14332[/B]</EventID>

[B] [/B] <Version>[B]0[/B]</Version>

[B] [/B] <Level>[B]2[/B]</Level>

[B] [/B] <Task>[B]0[/B]</Task>

[B] [/B] <Opcode>[B]0[/B]</Opcode>

[B] [/B] <Keywords>[B]0x80000000000000[/B]</Keywords>

[B] [/B] <TimeCreated SystemTime="[B]2010-03-09T10:41:43.000000000Z[/B]" />

[B] [/B] <EventRecordID>[B]3560[/B]</EventRecordID>

[B] [/B] <Correlation />

[B] [/B] <Execution ProcessID="[B]0[/B]" ThreadID="[B]0[/B]" />

[B] [/B] <Channel>[B]System[/B]</Channel>

[B] [/B] <Computer>[B]santiago-PC[/B]</Computer>

[B] [/B] <Security />

[B] [/B] </System>

[[B]-[/B]](file:///C:/Users/santiago/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp1D8E.xml#) <EventData>
[B] [/B] <Data Name="[B]ServiceName[/B]">[B]WMPNetworkSvc[/B]</Data>

[B] [/B] <Data Name="[B]ErrorCode[/B]">[B]0x80004005[/B]</Data>

[B] [/B] </EventData>

[B] [/B] </Event>

any help?

or anywhere speciallcally to look out for?

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2499665]What is your Window’s 7 Event viewer telling you?

The Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. Examples of these are programs that don’t start as expected and automatically downloaded updates. Event Viewer is especially useful for troubleshooting problems with Windows and errors with other programs.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi Sean,

I have tried and downloaded the new driver for the monitor and Graphics cards from their website, and I still get the same error.

The monitors dies I have tried to connect the old monitor after i get the error and nothing no picture on the screen. So I need to hard shut down again and again.

Any other suggestions?

Can the hard drive be on a timer? remember this a brand new machine, only a week old I got the problem the very next day after i purchased it. We have been given a new tower but not a new monitor.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=Seán;2499898]For the graphics card, the best way to update is via the manufacturer’s website.

The following are driver download links to the most common brands:

[ul]
[li]ATi Radeon[/li][li]nVidia GeForce[/li][li]Intel Graphics[/li][/ul]
You can get the brand and model in the device manager, e.g. mine shows as “ATi Radeon HD 4350”, so “ATi” is the brand and “HD 4350” is the model # for mine.[/QUOTE]

Going by what you mention, it’s quite difficult to say for certain whether it is something on the PC triggering the issue or if it is the monitor.

If you have been using the VGA connection, I would try using a DVI cable, assuming both the PC and monitor have a DVI socket. If the monitor doesn’t have a DVI cable, it may be worth replacing the monitor, especially since you mention that the new PC worked fine with your old monitor.

Hi Sean,
No one could find the error, I took both units back to where I bought it, and they replaced the monitor with a different model different Brand now I havea HP monitor, Since the tower is also HP. I’m still testin this monitor so far nothing has happened… Need to wait and see.
Thank you for ur ideas.