Monitor -No Signal-

vbimport

Hey there. A few weeks ago my PSU + Motherboard ended up getting fried (happened all of a sudden :frowning: )
And now I’ve tried buying a new set. But whenever I plug in the different cables there’s no luck, the monitor keeps searching for a signal.

The setup is:
Thermaltake 850W PSU
MSi P45 Platinum Motherboard
Geforce 8800 Ultra GFX
Corsair MX2 (800 mhz / PC6400) RAM
Intel Q6600 CPU

I’ve tried with the minimum of hardware and such, had the battery out, tried the different buttons etc. on the motherboard.
Also tested the GFX + RAM in another motherboard which works perfectly (also signal to monitor), though can’t use that due to it shuts down after approximately 30 seconds.

Are there any suggestions to what this could be?
There’s a LED on the motherboard with a red light, could this indicate anything?

It could be a number of things but have you tried booting up into “Safe Mode”? You might be sending the monitor a signal with a refresh rate it can’t display. I had this happen to me recently for no reason and booting into Safe Mode and resetting the refresh rate solved the problem.

Having some issues getting luck with finding the safe mode now as I can’t see a thing on the screen =(
And the usual F8 tapping don’t seem to work.
It’s a Samsung SyncMaster BW226 by the way, forgot to mention in case that had anything to do with this.

Regardless of resolution and refresh rate, you should be able to see the post screen as it is standard 640x480 vga. The video drivers, along with the resolution and refresh rate settings don’t take affect until Windows loads.

The only way to know for sure is to start swapping parts. Test the monitor (and cable) on another PC. And try swapping the video card (if you have a spare) or also testing that in another PC.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2164153]The only way to know for sure is to start swapping parts. Test the monitor (and cable) on another PC. And try swapping the video card (if you have a spare) or also testing that in another PC.[/QUOTE]

I’ve already tried monitor and cable, which works with the other motherboard that I tested. Also tested the GFX, RAM, CPU in that system.
It has to be something with the motherboard I guess as I’ve tested 2 different motherboards now with exact same problem. 2 different brands (ASUS+MSi just to mention it for those who worship) aswell, and compability wise it should all be ok.