Monday July 3th Sale @Fry's

July 3th Fry’s Electronics has the following among many other thing on sale:

1. Maxtor 300GB HD $79.99 No Rebate

2. HI-VA DVD+/-RW 16X writer (mostly likely BenQ 1640 or 1670) $29.99 with $10 MIR.

3. General Quality Brand of DVD+R spindle of 50 for $9

Here is the ad if people wanna see it in picture:

Link

Funny, GQ = Great Quality, I guess the quality is not so great so he changed it to general quality.

ROFL Fry’s probably had alot of complaints so to avoid a fraud lawsuit, they changed it to General Quality. HAHAHA.

Fry’s electronics again has the HI-VAL 16XDVD+/-R writer sale today for $29.99 after $10 MIR for those who are looking for BenQ drive this is the importunately to get one for $29.99. If you don’t have Fry’s in your area you can take their ad to CompUSA and ask for price match since them carrying HI-VAL also.

I looked for the HI_VAL drive on Fry’s site and didn’t see it. Is this just an instore deal or can you post a link to it please?

They do list it for $59.99 with a $10.00 rebate.

Is in today’s Newspaper AD (LA Times in CA), here is the picture:

Is there an easy way to tell whether it is a DW1640 vs a DW 1670?

Not unless the store will open the box and look, or you can go to the store and take that picture along and have them price match and check if its 1640 while you’re there.

:doh:

Not having ever seen one, how would I tell that it was a DW1640 even if it get it home and open the box? I tried to get a DW 1640 via the Office Depot Sony 810A recently and it turned out not to be a 1640 and I would have killed the drive if I would have flashed it with a 1640 firmware. Luckily, others in the forum warned about this just as I was about to do it so I returned the drive. Just trying to avoid a problem with it if it turns out to be a non 1640 drive. Thanks