Moms

I have a very close relationship with my mother. She raised 8 of us after my father died, working 16 hour days for 20 years I still don’t know how she did it. We always had more than enough food. Were well dressed and raised to respect God and country. She required us to master English and Spanish. Anyone who spoke to her would not instantly recognize her intelligence, as Spansih being her native tongue, she shines in her mother language.

My mom in sick in the hospital, she is 86. She has a hematoma in her esophagus and with the grace of God we hope she well be fine.

So I dedicate this thread to my Mom, to all Mom’s, young and old, from sons and daughters, young and old, that appreciation for all they have endured and given could reflected upon and contemplated. Time keeps passing by, can’t stop it, so, maybe sometimes, it can be too late. If your reading this and have not told you Mom you love her, do, there is no time like the present.

Very nice post Zathros. Hope your mother is doing better and will be released soon.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2220111]I have a very close relationship with my mother. She raised 8 of us after my father died, working 16 hour days for 20 years I still don’t know how she did it. We always had more than enough food. Were well dressed and raised to respect God and country. She required us to master English and Spanish. Anyone who spoke to her would not instantly recognize her intelligence, as Spansih being her native tongue, she shines in her mother language.

My mom in sick in the hospital, she is 86. She has a hematoma in her esophagus and with the grace of God we hope she well be fine.

So I dedicate this thread to my Mom, to all Mom’s, young and old, from sons and daughters, young and old, that appreciation for all they have endured and given could reflected upon and contemplated. Time keeps passing by, can’t stop it, so, maybe sometimes, it can be too late. If your reading this and have not told you Mom you love her, do, there is no time like the present.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean Zathros. My Mom was very sick for many years. She pass away March 2008. There is not a day that go by that I don’t think of her. So for all of you that still have your Moms, enjoy them love them. Cause when she is gone she gone for ever.

Peace and Blessing to all
Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

I also pray that your Mom will come home soon

Your Mother is in my prayers too. It sounds like she is a strong woman and has great support from her family. It has been quite a while since I lost my parents but when they were both gone I felt like I was more alone in the world for some reason. My parents provided a comfort to me that can’t be replaced, or replicated. At least you know the wonderful gift of having your mother all these years and that is a good thing. Many people don’t realize this until they are gone.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
Stay strong.
Estoy orando por tu madre.

My best wishes for you and your mother, Zathros! :flower:

Wishing you and your Mum all the best, Zathros. Hoping for a speedy recovery :flower:

I’m pretty close to my Mum as well (she’s 63 on Sunday). She raised me by herself since I was 6, and like your Mum, she did a damn good job of it.

My Mom is gone and I wish I had told her more often that I loved her.

Sincerely sorry to hear about your Mum, Zathros. I hope she makes a good recovery and back home soon.

Mom has stabilized. Waiting to see if the hematoma reabsorbs, another 3 or 4 days will tell. Thank you all for the support. They believe something she ate scratched her esophagus, and that it bled for a few days before the covering formed to protect it which caused the blockage in her throat. The Doctors say it is very rare but they know what to do, this type of injury can happen from an endoscopy and such medical procedures are usually the cause. It happens to women 67% of the time, I don’t know why.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2220111][B]I still don’t know how she did it.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Pure, true love. That’s how she did it. I only have the best wishes for you and your mother. I will keep her in my prayers.

My mom is probably one of the greatest people I know. She raised me and my sister as my dad was really around much.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2220950]Mom has stabilized. Waiting to see if the hematoma reabsorbs, another 3 or 4 days will tell. Thank you all for the support. They believe something she ate scratched her esophagus, and that it bled for a few days before the covering formed to protect it which caused the blockage in her throat. The Doctors say it is very rare but they know what to do, this type of injury can happen from an endoscopy and such medical procedures are usually the cause. It happens to women 67% of the time, I don’t know why.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, Zathros :slight_smile:

Well everything looks really good. My Mom starts liquids tomorrow, they don’t dear do another endoscopy for fear of causing more damage but X-rays show that it is shrinking, so we are counting out blessings. I again thank all for your support, I really believe we are one big family and all good thoughts materialize.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2221810]Well everything looks really good. My Mom starts liquids tomorrow, they don’t dear do another endoscopy for fear of causing more damage but X-rays show that it is shrinking, so we are counting out blessings. I again thank all for your support, I really believe we are one big family and all good thoughts materialize.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear she is getting better Zathros.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2221810]Well everything looks really good. My Mom starts liquids tomorrow, they don’t dear do another endoscopy for fear of causing more damage but X-rays show that it is shrinking, so we are counting out blessings. I again thank all for your support, I really believe we are one big family and all good thoughts materialize.[/QUOTE]

Great stuff :clap:

Endoscopies suck at the best of times, I’ve only had one (without any sedation), and that was enough :eek:

Mom had coffee and Jello today. She said the Jello hurt a little but the coffee was right on the money. Things looking up. The Hematoma has shrunk even more. Thanks.

Good news!

[QUOTE=Zathros;2222253]Mom had coffee and Jello today. She said the Jello hurt a little but the coffee was right on the money. Things looking up. The Hematoma has shrunk even more. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:flower::flower::flower::bow:

Well, it’s official. The Doctors have informed us that my mother can no longer live alone. I have been trying to get her to move in with me but she really likes her independence. The next weeks should be quite interesting. I have a big family but a lot of them are jerks. I am the only who has asked my Mom to move in. My oldest brother feels that his wife is too strong minded and could not deal with it or other family members. Ironically I am the 2nd to the youngest and I am the one who doesn’t take any cr@p from any of them. I am hoping my Mom does not feel she is at the end of the line. Every time she visits me ( twice a year for a month each visit) she always says she wish she could stay longer, I always ask her to move in. The next few weeks shall be interesting indeed. My family will be put to the test on this one. There are three of us that support our mother very strongly and never get into foolish arguments of the past. There are siblings older than are still angry about things that happened when we were kids. Cripes!

Zathos, we were able to find a place close by for my wife’s mother. It allowed her to live alone for a little while longer since we could stop by and see her twice a day and we called her more often. Just a thought. It is too bad assisted living facilities are so expensive.