MOHAA - need to "re add" protection

hello-

i have a little problem with MOHAA. i backed it up a long time ago. I thought it was a 1:1 protection but i was wrong. :eek:  I would like to "re add" the protection to my CD.(ie make a new copy from the old one, but add protection also)   i misplaced the original so i can not just recopy it.  it is safedisc 2.51** protection.

too bad its not securom then i could just add a bwa file.

is there a way anyone knows of to do this?

None that I know of, unless you know what emulation was used to make the backup in the first place you are going to need to start hunting around the house. :slight_smile:

no emulation is used- it is the same as the original except without the correct location of intentional errors for the protection.

hmmm…

you know how clonecd can keep a log file- if someone else was to read an original, and just send me a log file of the location of errors, i wonder if that could be successful somehow.

The log would not help you, as you need to be able to write the correct patterns to the CD, they are more thatn intentional errors in that respect. I would suggest you find your originals and re-image.

You will also need a suitable writer, but you knew that already - right?

ya, i have a liteon 24102b.

“you need to be able to write the correct patterns to the CD, they are more thatn intentional errors in that respect”

really? are you sure? i thought safedisc was location only and a default error was written to it, and securom was more (density). but maybe i am wrong.

The drive should be able to do the backup correctly, from an original disk that is.

Yes I’m pretty sure of my facts, searching around will reveal more detail