Mods on the attack?

vbimport

Two mods and I hope 2 bad days, first Spath launches personal attacks at Lapinou of VSO and then FutureProof attacks Giovanni for helping someone out, tells him to be more objective when answering questions about BlindWrite asked right here in the Blindwrite section. The question was asked about BlindWrite so thats what the answer should be about. Because Giovanni writes out tutorials for some people as they ask or go along he is hiding information and it is now his responsibility to provide tutorials here or he is told to start his own forum. I don’t care who has more knowledge this is supposed to be a community and now the mods are on the attack. Now I can just imagine what kind of abuse I am going to get from everyone because of this response. If we were to do this type of rant and direct it at a mod we would be told to keep it in a pm. You can say it is none of my business but when I can read it in the open it kind of makes it community business.

Hi Kamikazee,

The thread with spath seems to be based on a misunderstanding. Spath seems to know the author of Twinpeak very well and VSO was amongst the first companies to use the Twinpeak method. At the moment they might have implemented a new technology, but to say a technology that you have been given (because it was opensource) and used in the past is sucky, isn’t very respectfull to the author.

Fabrice probably meant that Twinpeak is currently not the best solution and that VSO has a new method for this, but it came out the wrong way. Hence the discussion between both.

Giovanni is another issue, he has received several warning already, also from other mods, but I think FP will be able to give you a better explanation.

Don’t worry about yourself, we can take critisism and certainly when you tell it us in this kind of way, for most things happening here are good explanations, so most mods won’t be easily offended.

but I think FP will be able to give you a better explanation.

I’m not looking for an explanation, just seems to be out of character, is all. but thanks anyway. Instead of asking, Lapinou was just accused of a whole lot of things. Plenty of others have made the same assertion about twinpeaks, but I had never seen that kind of response. And to tell someone to go start their own forum…Well, but all is good…

sorry but i have to say something …i did send you a pm but you didnt reply . i was giving warning on putting my email out there DoMiN8ToR , which i am sure you already know …so I talked with the moderator that sent me email about it cause i didnt check my PM …and we came up with a solution …da taxman is whom it was …so I talked with him and found out that i could put it in my signature and to him that was okay … so yes as soon as i knew what was wrong …I changed it with help of your mod …cause this is your all forum . Cause i looked at signature eveyone puts what they want there …

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=465173#post465173

is the what happen with future proof …

as far as future proof …I talked to another mod and i got an understand which i had no clue where future was coming from

he told me that i was bias towards blindwrite and not to be like that …and i totally didnt know that is what future meant …I mean like i said in the post i respect all of you and try to learn from you but for him to go off like that to another user for no reason I thought was kinda harse and didnt know mods would be like that … i didnt think it was very professional at all …this is something he could have said in PM or even he could have explained it better than just lashing out at someone … agree ??? …I mean the directions was in blindwrite forum … now that i know what was actually being done then from now on if in acohol forum I will write alcohol directions …and clonecd I will write clonecd directions . and if in newbie forum I thought it would be safe to write which one works for most people ? i really dont care what program they use as long as it backs it up that is all the really matters … i just didnt think helping people would cause this much trouble

if you have seen some of my threads i dont mind helping people and have helped alot …that is all my intentions was … and yes I have not focused just on backing up games …i have focused on hardware issues and other issues …

thank you but wanted u to know this along with other mods …

>tells him to be more objective when answering questions about
>BlindWrite asked right here in the Blindwrite section. The
>question was asked about BlindWrite so thats what the answer
>should be about.

Yes, silly me and I do apologise; I used to seeing to “Blindwrite saves the world” in forums other than the BW forum.

>Now I can just imagine what kind of abuse I am going to get
>from everyone because of this response.

Thankyou kamikazee for having the moral courage and maturity to raise the issue.

giovanni42104 has been subtley coaxed into adjusting his approach to Q&A. Any forum would be a little distressed to see knowledgeable members, such as the big G, recommending off-site discussion in EVERY thread. The answer is then lost on all of us if the invitation of personal assisstance is accepted. The discussion, recommendations and solution need to stay here not on some private MSN conversation. I can’t make this any plainer.

okay now i just read what you wrote future and seen you said sorry but not one comment to me …the one you lashed out with and by how you said"the moral courage and maturity to raise the issue. " i did raise the issue and wrote back comments on how i felt cause i didnt know where you was coming from and you tried to talk down to me on it ??? remember the thread ? ??

well I keep almost everything in forums and help …and i write all instructions down or link them to where I have answered same question

I have no problem with you at all future … just what i have mentioned above …

also if you read I did work with mod , da taxman , on the issue of email and pm and all that and he said that was okay to keep in my signature so I assumed it was all fine and got his permission.

cheers

P.S. for all MODs i respect all of you and learn from all of you …and from others on the forum and because u have earned it …

okay I am sure i will get all kinds of stuff now for this …but are mods now profiling users ?? I mean what the heck I got it in a PM on your forum and talked … and other user wanted to know so i wrote in the forum … here it is if you all want to read whole thread …

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=75970&goto=newpost

still have respect for future but good lord …all the stuff I have done have been approved by one mod or another and once agian you are treating me like I am an idiot …yes that is towards you future … I dont treat you like that and give you the respect you deserve along with other mods but geeeeeeez …profiling now and not treating me with same respect…

I thought being mods would have more respect for users …

I still respect all of you but still good lord …everything i done i asked mods first on how to do it …

i dont know if future is having a bad day , having napoleon complex or what … but looks like something is going on also something to do with profilling a user …that same user is just trying to help …

You know what the root cause is. Stop it. You’re the only one, at this point anyway, who does it. The reason we don’t give advice over PM and email is because the information is not shared. It’s the way that Forums work - we post in threads so that everyone else has the opportunity to look over it. The PM is there for convenience not your idea of tech support. This is something you’re obviously unwilling to acknowledge and understand. Like I said, do what you want just stop advertising the fact. There is enough information in your sig, don’t highlight the fact all the time. This is now almost untenable, so either change your ways or go elsewhere.

I would like it, too, if you stopped misquoting me in your posts.

did not know i misquoted ??? idea of tech support sorry thought helping people was tech support but user base in forums…

I am obvious to understand but I asked a mod about it and he said it was okay that is what i have a problem with…i asked mod and he said it was fine … so that is all I am saying …why change from mod to mod ? but that is fine …I am not making money or anything like that or trying to take away forum …at least can you be open minded to see that ?

i still dont have problems with you or any other mods …but I am going to just let this drop cause i have done what you asked … just wanted to make it clear I didnt mis quote you and if I did sorry but i dont believe so …

but this " This is something you’re obviously unwilling to acknowledge and understand."

i have done what mods have asked … that is all I am saying and i am just trying that one thing …you jump on the fact …but it is okay
I understand what your saying … but just read some of my stuff i write in forums and you can see how i have changed from the beginning or are you "obviously and unwilling to acknowledge and understand " that fact ???

still have respect for you future and other mods

Originally posted by giovanni42104
[B]idea of tech support sorry thought helping people was tech support but user base in forums…

I am obvious to understand but I asked a mod about it and he said it was okay that is what i have a problem with…i asked mod and he said it was fine … so that is all I am saying …why change from mod to mod ?

i have done what mods have asked … that is all I am saying and i am just trying that one thing[/B]
OK, there’s three points there I’m going to comment on:

1. Provide the support in-forum, or I will ban you. On the other hand, what I don’t know can’t upset me.

2)The ‘other Mod’ - Da_Taxman - asked you to put your contact details into your sig, which you did. What we don’t want is your constant harping about “contact me on msn!”. This happens, of course, you’re just the only one advertising it. Do not try to play me and Tax off against each other or distort the facts about what you were told you could or couldn’t do.

1. Not in full

future ,

i understand last comment … my old forum i said it but then i did … I just left look at sig ? how can that be so wrong … .but hey it is okay i still have no problems with you …

1.) i did start writing everything in forum …

okay now where did i say that …I just pointed out what tax told me and what you did …

Do not try to play me and Tax off against each other or distort the facts about what you were told you could or couldn’t do.

i am not playing each other i just pointed out what was giong on that is it … cause you left it open ended with mods warning me …and yes the old posts I did say contact me on msn but i have not said that … i have not distorted facts i have put links to everything I have said so people can read it and judge for themselves … even other mods

is this something you’re obviously unwilling to acknowledge and understand." that i have changed on how i did things ? have you took time to look at other posts I have done ?? i think you even comment how i changed once … …oops I might be misquoting u …shown this way or approach or maybe it was given a little nudge in the right direction …and yes I think that is misquote but believe you understand … …dont know the correct saying or wording u used … for that … just found words you used future …

"has been subtley coaxed into adjusting his approach to Q&A. "

hell you dont give a person time to change you just keep knocking them down as targets …hell I have not even wrote a post or done anything until now ? are you the type that dont think people can change or you just stay on there rears til they do ? I have wrote some posts since yesterday but dang … if i do something wrong you all up on me when there are other people out there doing alot more … profiling like i said before

well i still have respect for you … as far as knowledge wise but maybe people skills need work on or maybe you being open to people changing and giving them time to change …

and yes i have wrote things in forum if you look but not lately … and i heard ya yesterday write everything but shit i have not wrote one thing yet … or talk to anyone to type out everything …so give so space and quit profiling …or ya think I cant change ??? or you just not giving a chance ??? …yes I admit old post said contact me msn …not it is in sig …and sometimes I write and just say look at sig … now i didnt think that was a crime but I wont write that …

cheers and like always respect all of you knowledge wise

vso Autoplay Crash-Test Dummy

I don’t know who’s idea to change my status was. It was not me and if it were
#1: I would have asked
#2; This would not be what I would have chose
#3: Very poor attempt at humor
#4: Shows a lack of respect for VSO
#5: lack of respect for member
I don’t believe I have been disrespectful to any mods here to deserve this.

yep you guys have to say on this one was not very cute …very disrespectful …and agree with kam

Lighten up, both of you. You take yourselves too seriously.

Incidentally, philamber is the “Win98 Crash Test Dummy” for burnatonce.

I am lightened up, I have a pretty good sense of humor, I just did not find it funny. I for one was never even asked.

Most of the members who get a Custom User Title aren’t asked.

well sorry future but I do have sense of humor …if I remember right you didnt have a sense of humor when I said jedi master correct ? I can find the post if i didnt quote myself right ???

Who said anything about a sense of humour? Your inference is wrong.

btw, I’m just wondering why you haven’t put a classy Blindwrite guide together with pics and all. That scratchy piece you did could easily be tarted up and I’d even fix the spelling errors for you.

• Deleted -

seen of humor was to the comment that was put under our names …you said take things seriously …so the opposite of serious all the time is sense of humor …hmmmmmmmmm

okay

scratchy piece was wrote together real quick and just step by step …why would i put a screen by screen …not saying but probably a mod would delete it cause it is too big or took up too much space … or they would say well I am showing bias or there are other tutorials written out there …well yes there are and they are good tutorials … i have read them … plus who wants to wait for a tutorial to load up with all the pictures ?? that to me would be a waste especially for someone on dial up connection …when written step by step does the job …spelling ?? i am sorry … english is second language … so I write quickly when typing …and if there are spelling errors I would think someone would get the idea and go back …but heck i can go back and correct spelling …sorry I didnt think someone would be so particuliar ( anal retentive ) about spelling …and people have been using the tutorial i wrote with no problems …safedisc …securom and movie burning and some have posted results and some have not and just sent a nice thank you email …

cheers