Modifying Registry VB6

Right…
I have tried this twice already.
People seem to be getting the impression that I am a HACKER.
I’m not.
I’m actually 16.
I’m interested in the registry.
Soooooo…
Can someone tell me…
How to I simply modify the registry using VB6.
Say I had a form with one command button named ‘Command1’
EXACTLY what code do I need to set the following example into the registry (and I want to STRESS that this is just an EXAMPLE, a common example actually which I have had to deal with a few times in the past, but if you have any other examples I would be grateful);

Location: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

New binary key:
“DisableTaskMgr”

Value:
“1”

Is this really an impossible task? Because I have read a A LOT of webpages and nothing semms to click.

Again I am not a hacker. I dont really think the government would be useless without a task manager.

And please, dont just send me a link unless it is exactly what I asked for or is actually of any help.

Thanks.

Sorry for the sarcasm :confused:

Well, some of us have tried to help but we don’t get a lot of response back from you, except for a new thread appearing on a different VB6 problem. Looking through your posts on CDF, I can’t find anything whatsoever where other members have suggested you’re a hacker; in fact this post above seems to be the only one mentioning VB6 and the registry.

Please also bear in mind that there’ll be relatively few programmers here, since this is a media technology site, and you may have to be patient. As far as I can see, no-one has sent you a link of any kind.

Did you manage to get the other programs working? If not, then maybe we need to go back and sort those out first.

If they worked, then perhaps you could start by drafting a VB6 program yourself to accomplish the task of modifying registry entries, properly annotated with comment lines, and we might be able to help you through it.