Modify/overwrite ATIP information?

vbimport

First off I would like to know how to overspeed on my SOHC-5232K Liteon drive. Also I would like to know that if I can’t tell the firmware to ignore write speeds that the disc says can I write over that information ON the disc with my own information. If the disc says 4X then I should be able to write on the disc and say 8X or 12X or even 32X lol and then the firmware reads that and then allows for faster burning.

Has anyone successfully written over ATIP information? How low of a level can one write on a disc? Cause I read that the XBOX and PS2 for example read the ATIP information on the disc and if you were to write over it with the information from the original disc then it theoretically should allow it to play in those consoles, correct?

As far as I know there is now way to overwrite, delete or modify ATIP information and also no program like MCSE with support for changing or speeding up a write strategies for CD-Rs…

Right, the answer is NOPE.

For write speeds it shouldn’t mater.
Turn smart burn of and it will burn at full speed.

Like said by the guys above cd-r atip seems to be not able to be overwritten.

Incase of DVD recordables it’s much more confusing thanks to a bug and weird behaviour of drives and software.

For write speeds it shouldn’t mater. You should be able to set smart burn of and burn at full speed.
But you will sacrifice quality or even have a possible failure during the burn.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2010660]For write speeds it shouldn’t mater.
Turn smart burn of and it will burn at full speed.

Like said by the guys above cd-r atip seems to be not able to be overwritten.

Incase of DVD recordables it’s much more confusing thanks to a bug and weird behaviour of drives and software.

For write speeds it shouldn’t mater. You should be able to set smart burn of and burn at full speed.
But you will sacrifice quality or even have a possible failure during the burn.[/QUOTE]

You say full speed, what do you mean by that? I thought smartburn just slows down the drive to a speed that is lower than the disc’s rated speed. So if the disc is rated at 12 and you burn but it’s writing lots of errors, smartburn will slow it down until it stops writing so many errors. Now if I’m using a disc that is 4X, it’s not likely to slow down any further (and I’ve seen that it hasn’t). However what I would like to do is burn faster than its rated speed.

That you can burn at full burning speed.
However there is no smarburn. So 3 things cans happen

ok burn, ok quality.
ok burn but bad quality
Break off during burning.