Modfying Existing Backup Play Order

vbimport

I have about half my library (maybe 60 odd movies) that was ripped to my server in basic full disk mode.

Watchin some old movies over the weekend, I realised how annoying it was with all the crap at the start of the disks.

I want to alter these files so that when they start they go straight to the main menu. Is there away to do this without re-encoding the every title? (Cause I thought I was just about about finished and I dont want to start again)

Cheers

No not with Fab…afaik, not without re-ripping anyway.
From here on, if you rip in Full Disc mode, be certain to have PathPlayer enabled. This will afford you enhanced navigation features so that you can modify the start point, ie., choose to start the disc with the main title or with the main menu. Of course, once you burn it, that’s it.

I have quite a few Full disc bkups that start with the main title…it’s very cool.
Occasionally, Fab will stumble with certain disc structures such as the alternate/multiple endings.

You could also try software such as VobBlanker and actually remove titles but it’s gonna be a lot of work.

you could use dvdfab main movie option, with the existing full disc hard drive copies as source files. that should only take a few minutes to process each movie, since it does not need to re-encode, just to copy. Or you could do a similar thing with dvdshrink.

in theory you could skip the crap just by editing the .ifo files but that is NOT simple.

To use pathfinder, I think you have to go back to the original DVDs,
pathfinder used to not work with hard drives files as source, unless that was fixed in a recent release.

PS if DVDfab has correctly removed all the original prohibitions from your full disc rips ( & there’s been a lot of debate about that recently), then you can fast forward or skip all the adverts & stuff with your dvd menu controls - you should not be forced to sit thorugh it

[QUOTE=maineman;2173000]No not with Fab…afaik, not without re-ripping anyway.
From here on, if you rip in Full Disc mode, be certain to have PathPlayer enabled. This will afford you enhanced navigation features so that you can modify the start point, ie., choose to start the disc with the main title or with the main menu. Of course, once you burn it, that’s it.

I have quite a few Full disc bkups that start with the main title…it’s very cool.
Occasionally, Fab will stumble with certain disc structures such as the alternate/multiple endings.

You could also try software such as VobBlanker and actually remove titles but it’s gonna be a lot of work.[/QUOTE]

Once pathplayer was available I ripped from DVD so that it starts directly at title screen, but as mentioned all the old ones are just full disk rips.

Note that these are all sitting on the server for network viewing, they have not been burnt to disk. (Originals get sent to storage)

I know I can select the the source file and re-encode to another location, but I was hoping I could just open and save each one in a few seconds, as opposed to Fab re-encoding the whole movie again just to change the start order (which means the whole thing is going to take days).

[QUOTE=K1LL3M;2173562]I know I can select the the source file and re-encode to another location, but I was hoping I could just open and save each one in a few seconds, as opposed to Fab re-encoding the whole movie again just to change the start order (which means the whole thing is going to take days).[/QUOTE]

Like I said…no, not with Fab.
As cybmole and I pointed out, ultimately, re-ripping the files will be far quicker and much less labor intensive than attempting to edit/manipulate your current files.