Modem connection problems - just started. Clueless. :s

I have a D-Link DSL G604T. My PC, the one with problem is wired via Ethernet. The other two are wirelessly connected.

OK, my internet connection keeps going down.

When it goes, so does the network link between this PC and the others. However, the other PCs also get a message about the LAN - but they stay online. I’m guessing that they adapt quicker as they’re connected differently (wireless).

So this would indicate a problem with the modem? I’ve ard reset it by holding Reset button down for 10+ secs, and left it off overnight also.

I’m at a loss as to what else to do.

Please help?

If I’m not mistaken I remember a friend having one and it kept dying all the time (without any perticular load except browsing a few pages). Try updating the firmware, if it still dies (which it most likely will do) I’d get a stand alone ADSL modem and a Linksys WRT54GL router instead. Very good and solid solution with good 3rd party firmware available.

You can find an ADSL for 27£ at dabs.com (Linksys AM200) and the router (Linksys WRT54GL) for 40£ at the same place. I would recommend Asus WL-500g Premium but it seems unavailable in UK.
//Danne

Thanks - however, after 2 days of investigation, turns out that mice have chewed through the wire partially.

Headache to replace but better than a new modem.

If anyone can offer help, I made a thread here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f7/wireless-networks-unsafe-even-encrypted-233418/#post1947472

Get a cat as in feline.