Since 184.108.40.206, the "speed increases" that are claimed are much worse. I have gone from 2 hour conversions to 6 hours:eek:
Here is the scoop:
Running MKV, H264, Audiocopy, 2-pass, include sub-titles in movie, 29FPS, 3000kbps
In version 220.127.116.11 I did move from Xvid to H264, from 2000kbps to 3000kbps, and from external subs to in the movie subs. This moved my time in .2 from ~55 minutes to just under 2 hours, but only in .2
I then moved to .5 and the times have skyrocketed. The first pass takes 2 hours, the second pass takes 4 hours, PER TITLE.
I am doing all of this from HDD and not from DVD. I have converted 9 movies since .5 and beyond. I am currently at the latest .0, non-beta release.
I have a Pentium 4 3.2 HT with 1G RAM running Vista(32) SP1.
I do have the memory settings set to High in Configuration.
The CPU is running 100% on both cores with FabCore being the major process.
Frame rates are about 12, which is down from 38 before.
I thought it might be a corrupt file so I removed the old software, rebooted and reinstalled. Same effect.
I hate to ask for help here though because the combing that was present is not there anymore and the quality of the output is supreme. The files produced are great, so I don't want to mess with that, but the time has taken a HUGE dive.
I am not seeing the speed increases.