Mobile Phone Photos: post yours here

vbimport

Why not? The technology is getting better and better…

And some phones include some pretty cool effect possibilities.
Play around and show us whatever you like
Have fun…

Here´s something I shot last night (early this morning!) in a not-really-legal bar somewhere in Germany where they are into tango…and had a spontaneous visit from an Argentinian couple who seemed to know how to do it right.
Heavily pixelated due to the very low light level, and the small sensor that such phones have. This was the Samsung Galaxy

nice, now i only need to find the pictures from my mobile phone :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2592814]nice, now i only need to find the pictures from my mobile phone :)[/QUOTE]In case you have one of these modern smartphones, your pictures are likely “in the cloud” - like your other data :bigsmile:
So, google image search should help finding your pics :cool:

Michael

Besides the automatic uploading capability of modern phones and even certain Wi-Fi enabled cameras, most people don’t realise that many smartphones automatically geotag the photos with GPS/location coordinates. GPS enabled Digital cameras usually require the GPS to be switched on to geotag a photo, but most cameraphones do this automatically! For example, my Nokia 5800 geotags photos by default.

On the other hand, I don’t think this is really an issue though for most Facebook users. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2592886]In case you have one of these modern smartphones, your pictures are likely “in the cloud” - like your other data :bigsmile:
So, google image search should help finding your pics :cool:

Michael[/QUOTE]

I have two old SE phones (c905 & w810), and both dont have access to the internet, so no google images for me.

While in Donegal town one day, there was someone displaying their collection of owls, one here trying its getaway… :wink:

The GPS coordinates in the cameraphone picture were pretty much spot on as this is the Google street view using the GPS coordinates and the white circle is where I was standing:

In this case, I don’t mind the GPS info, but those who have phone pictures taken at a home should first use a utility to strip the Exif information before posting here or elsewhere.

A buddy just got himself a new coffee table. Very practical too…you can store stuff in it…even sleep in it :slight_smile:

Just released is the Android version of the very popular Instagram “system”…or, how to make cool photos with your smartphone (and share etc)

Examples http://blog.instagram.com/

If you’ve an Android phone, another useful app is SwiFTP Server. What it does is temporarily enable your phone as an FTP server so you can browse the phone from your computer wirelessly, by typing in the FTP address it shows in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Just an example from my phone:

Also comes in handy as a wireless pen drive, as this is one you can’t accidentally leave behind.

Here’s a “Bad wool day” of a sheep from earlier today while out for a stroll. :slight_smile:

Thanks Sean, that SwiFTP Server app sounds awesome! And that sheep looks hilarious! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Seán;2628982]If you’ve an Android phone, another useful app is SwiFTP Server. What it does is temporarily enable your phone as an FTP server so you can browse the phone from your computer wirelessly, by typing in the FTP address it shows in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Also comes in handy as a wireless pen drive, as this is one you can’t accidentally leave behind.

Here’s a “Bad wool day” of a sheep from earlier today while out for a stroll. :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

That’s a very good tip indeed Seán.

As for the sheep it looks like it’s well past shearing time! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Seán;2628982]If you’ve an Android phone, another useful app is SwiFTP Server. What it does is temporarily enable your phone as an FTP server so you can browse the phone from your computer wirelessly, by typing in the FTP address it shows in the Windows Explorer address bar.

[/QUOTE]

Yea…thanks for shearing :bigsmile:

Here’s a pic of sheep from my trip to my GF’s country house (well I have internet access through my mobile, ruining my “only sightseeing - no tech” weekend)…

[QUOTE=deanimator;2630302]Yea…thanks for shearing :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL, ewe weren’t sheepish about mentioning that one! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

:cool:

where is that vroom?

Thessaloniki.

Nice photo vroom and the weather looks great!

[B]Wombler[/B]

Most of the time the weather is great, for the next few days it should reach temps close to 29C

Here are two pictures which I’ve made with my SGS2, the first was under an apple tree in my garden and the second was made during a mountainbike tour yesterday