Mobile help please

vbimport

i have tried a few different things now and can’t seem to get it right, so it’s time for me to man up and ask for direction lol.

is it possible, to convert files so it will play on my ipod, psp, ps3, and also look good on a 46" tv?

the best i could do so far is convert to ps3 files, which work on my ipod, but only work on ps3 and xbox360 through tversity. i use 1500 bit rate so it looks great. (even better on ps3 upscaled:)

i just want to convert once so its compatible with everything.

oh and also, can dvd fab convert converted files back to vob so i dont have to re rip my original dvd’s?

thanks for your help.

[quote=Kingpn69;2141716]i have tried a few different things now and can’t seem to get it right, so it’s time for me to man up and ask for direction lol.

is it possible, to convert files so it will play on my ipod, psp, ps3, and also look good on a 46" tv? [B]Reply: Unlikely due to the large differences in what the iPod will accept and the settings that would look really good on a widescreen TV.[/B]

the best i could do so far is convert to ps3 files, which work on my ipod, but only work on ps3 and xbox360 through tversity. i use 1500 bit rate so it looks great. (even better on ps3 upscaled:)

i just want to convert once so its compatible with everything. [B]Reply: You can probably find something that will work, but it will be full of compromises: files larger than they need to be for an iPod (wasting limited storage space), smaller than they should be for a widescreen TV.[/B]

oh and also, can dvd fab convert converted files back to vob so i dont have to re rip my original dvd’s? [B]Reply: No.[/B]

thanks for your help.[/quote]

As my good friend Maineman says, the devil’s in the details. The success you will have with this depends on the compromises you are willing to accept. I do two conversions on many movies, one for my Archos, one for my cellphone.

im not worried about size at all. i found that 1500 bit rate is the middle ground for quality viewing. my resolutions are either 700 x 402, 700 x 260, and 640 x 480. these resolutions work on the 160gb ipod. anything above 700 wont work.

ive tried generic, ipod, ps3 and psp but it wont work with all.

i am very familiar with the program but for some reason i cant find a setting to work for all devices.

i am willing to compromise (depending of course). what would i need to compromise?

size = dosent matter

quality = wont go lower then 1500 but i would go higher if needed.

thanks again

im starting to think that the resoulutin might the problem. could that be the case?

can i download ring tones useing dfab
and if so can some one tell me how to do that please

Kenbra:
No ringtones, sorry.
Kingpin:
Each device has specs and limits for the types of video files it will accept and play. Read the info that came with them or check the websites. I think the limit for the iPod is 640x480, but this may be an out-of-date spec, I don’t keep up with them because I don’t have any Apple products. If size is not an issue, use the largest screen size that your mobile device will accept, and the highest video bitrate (I thought it was 2500 kbps for the newer iPods?). You will still have the problem of the difference in aspect ratio between the iPod at 4:3 and the TV at 16:9, which will leave you with the compromise of chopping off the edges of widescreen content on the iPod or having black bars around the image on the TV, depending on how you set up the conversion process in DVDFab. You really should just keep experimenting; you may find that some movies require different compromises.

ok thanks anyway.

just a note:

i dont lose aspect ratios for anything. the new ipods allow for that and anamorphic. it just turns out to be a very small picture with big black bars on top and bottom.

2500 is the max. i just keep it at 1500 because like i said it seems to be the middle ground. size is decent and picture is very good on tv.

i was just hoping that there was a common file for all devices. wishfull thinking i guess. it’s just too painfully long of a process to convert twice.

oh well, guess i will stick with the ps3 setting for now as it gives me the most options.

i have been experimenting with this for a few months now and i just cant find a common file.

thanks again for your response.