Mobile Conversion

Would like to see an option built in for the Archos players especially the new 605 Wi-Fi. Should be able to pick both medium version of 480 x 272 and higher version of 800 X 480 resolution. I am working with the trial version and seems to work fine except I don’t see an ability to save settings for an Archos where I can come back to the same format each time.

Hi GAstorino and welcome to cdfreaks,

I’d be surprised if you can’t save a default configuration for your Archos, but I don’t know for sure.
I use an Ipod and can save a variety of settings.

Signals, my good friend and resident expert on DVD to Mobile here on cdf, actually owns an Archos and I’m sure will help you…I’ll pm him in case he doesn’t spot this.

Also, you may want to ask [B]alan1476[/B] (moderator) to move your post to the
Feature Requests for DVDFab thread where the developers will spot your request.

[QUOTE=GAstorino;1968282]Would like to see an option built in for the Archos players especially the new 605 Wi-Fi. Should be able to pick both medium version of 480 x 272 and higher version of 800 X 480 resolution. I am working with the trial version and seems to work fine except I don’t see an ability to save settings for an Archos where I can come back to the same format each time.[/QUOTE]

I’ve created a profile for the 605 WiFi that you can use until DVDFab makes one. You can find it here [B]Archos 605 WiFi Profile[/B]

Also note that the highest resolution you can use for video on the 605 is 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 PAL. 800 X 480 Video will not play. The higher resolutions are used by the 605 for it’s screens and Internet Web screens. There is a rumor of a HD plugin that will play at higher resolutions but that is only a rumor.

Hi Gastorino. My good friend Maineman tends to oversell what I know about this :slight_smile: but I think I can help you. I have a 504 and have had excellent luck with DVDFab conversions for it, and I have customized the DVD to Mobile area for the Archos and will show you how to do that also. Does the 605 require a plugin for decoding H.264, and if so, do you have it? Here is what my DVD to Mobile nav pane looks like. All my normal settings are saved or in some cases written into the device profile, so I can just click two buttons (Next and Start) to begin a conversion. Tell me if this looks like what you wanted to accomplish.

[LEFT]//EDIT// Hi Greg. We were typing at the same time. Good to see you in the forum.:)[/LEFT]

[QUOTE=signals;1968334]Does the 605 require a plugin for decoding H.264, and if so, do you have it? Here is what my DVD to Mobile nav pane looks like. All my normal settings are saved or in some cases written into the device profile, so I can just click two buttons (Next and Start) to begin a conversion. Tell me if this looks like what you wanted to accomplish.

[/QUOTE]

The 605 requires the “Video podcast plug-in” to play H.264 video and AAC Sound. I have a 605 and don’t have the podcast plug-in, I just make DivX files with MP3 sound that the 605 supports without any plug-ins. I do have the cinema plug-in that supports AC3 sound that many AVI files that I run across use for audio.

Using the method Singals came up with to customize the UI just plain Rocks! I use it and also edit the profile to my favorite settings to make it just a couple of clicks to make an AVI.

[LEFT]//EDIT// Hi Greg. We were typing at the same time. Good to see you in the forum.:)[/LEFT]

I’m always lurking around :slight_smile:

Thanks Greg, thanks signals.
Appreciate your expertise on the mobile issues…:iagree:

@greg…good to see you “lurking”…:cool: