.MKV to Divx

vbimport

Good Evening all, :smiley:
I have noticed that there is a lot of .MKV files now being created in lieu of .AVI now a days.
I have a concert from one of the festivals this year and i tried using “All to AVI” to convert it so i can play on my divx dvd player, but the quality didnt really turn out very well.
Can someone suggest a better software package and/or some tips on making it look better.

Also, i have started backing up some of my Tv series to AVI and to get quality that i like it seems to use approx double the memory that ive seen online. i have been using “imtoo” software for this.
again any hints from the experts out there.

thankyou all

What are the specs of your .mkv? what format are the TV series files you’re converting?..Use MediaInfo for detailed mkv file info…
Does your player support Xvid/avi?

Hello T0nee1,

The tv series are my DVD’s R4 that i just want to convert and backup to avi. i am usinf imtoo to do this. i just seem to cant get as good quality as ive seen out there without having the file size approx double.
I belive my DVD player is Xvid compatible. it definetly is divx compatible., but im sure ive played an xvid on it!!!

the mkv file has the following specs:
Video stream: English, 2046 kbps (2144 kbps), 704*416 (16/9), @ 25,000 fps, AVC (Main @L3.0) (CABAC / 4 ref frames)
Audio Stream: English, 192 kbps, 48 KHzs, 2 channels, Mpeg Audio (MP2) (Version 1) (Layer 2)

as i said last message i have tried All to AVI and it was good but i couldnt get the picture the best and the sound delay got worse as the file played on.

any help would be great
thankyou.

[QUOTE=wolvie1000;2103879]Hello T0nee1,

[B]The tv series are my DVD’s R4 that i just want to convert and backup to avi. [/B]i am usinf imtoo to do this. i just seem to cant get as good quality as ive seen out there without having the file size approx double.
I belive my DVD player is Xvid compatible. it definetly is divx compatible., but im sure ive played an xvid on it!!!

the mkv file has the following specs:
Video stream: English, 2046 kbps (2144 kbps), 704*416 (16/9), @ 25,000 fps, AVC (Main @L3.0) (CABAC / 4 ref frames)
Audio Stream: English, 192 kbps, 48 KHzs, 2 channels, Mpeg Audio (MP2) (Version 1) (Layer 2)

as i said last message i have tried All to AVI and it was good but i couldnt get the picture the best and the sound delay got worse as the file played on.

any help would be great
thankyou.[/QUOTE]

Then just convert to divx/xvid, there is NO SENSE in converting to mkv first…