.mkv file plays on normal monitor but not dual monitor setup

vbimport

anyone know a quick fix to get a quirky .mkv file to play on a dual monitor setup? I use VLC player (and have tried some others) and normally I can play just about any files on my dual monitor setup at home–but I have some .mkv files that just don’t want to do it. When I try, I get either a split-screen kind of image w/ psychedelic colors or still images from the file(s). Audio works fine, though. Again, on just a normal single monitor they play fine.

I know this is picky, but these are some video files well worth watching on a bigger screen than just a small computer or laptop monitor.

Thanks

According to this thread the 1.0.3 dll has overlay problems. If you use version 1.0.2 it should work.

thanks for the quick reply . . . But this did not work.

I uninstalled the latest version and installed the recommended one, but it did not fix the problem.

[QUOTE=moscatomg1;2479783]thanks for the quick reply . . . But this did not work.

I uninstalled the latest version and installed the recommended one, but it did not fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Then i suggest posting a new thread on the Videolan.org forum with all the logfiles and hardware information available.

I thought I’d give this thread another bump after a while. I followed the last suggestion–posting in VLC forum, but to no success. Also, I noticed lately that the same (or similar at least) issue extends to bluray rips in H264. they often play fine on my computer . . . But Br rips in H264 as well as MKV files do not play on my dual monitor (laptop to big screen) setup. I’ve tried updated versions of both VLC and Windows Media Player (and w/ that special Combined-Community-Codec-Pack). Most every other file type plays fine on the dual monitor setup, though. Any ideas?

[QUOTE=moscatomg1;2515417]I thought I’d give this thread another bump after a while. I followed the last suggestion–posting in VLC forum, but to no success. Also, I noticed lately that the same (or similar at least) issue extends to bluray rips in H264. they often play fine on my computer . . . [B]But Br rips in H264 as well as MKV files do not play on my dual monitor[/B] (laptop to big screen) setup. I’ve tried updated versions of both VLC and Windows Media Player (and w/ that special Combined-Community-Codec-Pack). Most every other file type plays fine on the dual monitor setup, though. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Then use the originals, means flicks on BD-ROM etc.