Mkv AVC (h.264) to AVI

vbimport

Hi I got this movie in MKV, I know its AVC since the filename says so, I want to extract the video track only since the audio tracks I have no trouble with.

I tried with MKVExtractGUI 1.54 with the latest mkvtoolnix but it doesn’t support AVC yet I think.

I tried to do it with TMPEG but it has skips and crazy video because of VFR I believe.

I also tried mkv2vfr tool to check if it was vfr but it doesn’t recognize AVC video.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

why do you want to export to .avi?

I have the same problem, i need to edit the video, but that codec its a shit.
I need to export that h264 to divx or mpeg.

The program Total Video Converter do the job, but the avi result as frames droped only in MPEG2 , if export to avi the video pixelates.

Poor MKVs, being converted into archaic AVIs, and with inferior codecs too.

:eek: :rolleyes: lol

I’d like to repeat bond_d9’s question.

lol. if all you do is watch the video, then just go with AVC. H264 gives me shit with all other proggies like video editing software and DVD encoders; and if you’re original source is MKV/AVC, you’ve got no choice but to convert.

Why convert Mkv to Avi?

It was already stated - to be able to edit the video.
There are no programs that allows proper editing of mkv videos, like for instance VirtualDub allows.

I’d gladly skip to Mkv if there is a proper editor for it!

I have some .mkv files with H264 video and dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound (AC3) audio.

I tried AllToAvi and it worked but converting H264 .mkv’s it
converts the Video to Xvid-AVI the audio to Mp3 2.0 (stereo)

and it resembles it to 44100Hz and doesn’t keep the full range
of sound that you’d normally get from the original DVD

In any case I am looking for a vista compatible converter for that can convert an MKV with H264 video and ac3 audio to an AVI with Xvid and still keep the original AC3 audio can anyone help me With this

[QUOTE=kokoro4;1971761]I have some .mkv files with H264 video [B]and dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound (AC3) audio. [/B]

I tried AllToAvi and it worked but converting H264 .mkv’s it
converts the Video to Xvid-AVI the audio to Mp3 2.0 (stereo)

and it resembles it to 44100Hz and doesn’t keep the full range
of sound that you’d normally get from the original DVD

In any case I am looking for a vista compatible converter for that can convert an MKV with H264 video and ac3 audio to an AVI with Xvid and still keep the original AC3 audio can anyone help me With this[/QUOTE]

…which normally means that file/content is copyrighted. :cop:

Anyway, you can find good guides on videohelp.com & doom9.org

Originally Posted by [B]chef[/B]
[I]…which normally means that file/content is copyrighted.[/I] :cop:

Yeah I’m sure you have high morale standards.

Anyway for those of you that are looking for help with these USELESS MKV files, this seems to be the ticket (and I’m posting a link unlike some of the bright heads in this community):

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Any-Video-Converter-Free-Edition_program_30662.html

Those of you that give out advice, be useful not useless.:stuck_out_tongue:

Peace,
Zip

spam spam

removed spam…

[quote=spammy preddy;2135006]see this link for that crapware
http://me.stupid.spammer[/quote]
… und Tschüss. :cop: