Mjpg transfer to DVD

Hello Fred Newboy here , thick as a plank…
I have been using Nikon Coolpix for 5 years and backing up still jpgs on cd. No worries .
My daughter has an L16 which leaves my dunger for dead at about tenth of the price - ah the advance in technology.

Through Nero we have burned some mjpg short videos with sound apparently successfully
However when we play the DVD back through the pc using Media player vision is ok but the sound is fractured.
Also the external DVD player will not play video or audio.
There is no problem with video or sound when the file on pc is opened.
Has any boffin any idea what’s happening? Is there a format problem
Regards from OZ Dave

Welcome to this forum :slight_smile:

> Also the external DVD player will not play video or audio.

Probably you have to convert your video files to DVD video compliant format and burn them as a video DVD, in order to be playable at your standalone player.

> There is no problem with video or sound when the file on pc is opened.

Then your file should be fine. Try to convert it to a DVD video and burn ot to a DVD media to check it at your standalone player. A good and free program I’m using for such kind of conversions is DVD Flick.

PS: Is there any reason you’re using that large fonts??? :eek:

Thanks for that . I will get that programme and try what you suggest. Yes I’m sorry I “Shouted” . I do have a sight problem . I thought I was enlarging for my benefit . Of course I should have made the font bigger through my pc control. Silly Boy!
Cheers Dave

Hello again to YYY ! Mission accomplished - I’ve just watched 5 minutes of grandschildren romping around in the garden , sound and all. Thanks again for the advice.
Dave

Hello YYY or anyone who can explain why Nero will not burn multiple dvd files prepared through DVD Flick.
I’ve got 11 files called Home Movies 1-11 but when I transfer them into Nero , it doesn’t like it!
I was thinking of maybe getting them back into DVD Flick to burn but I don’t seem able to do that either. I was a terrible disappointment to my mother as you can see!
Can I keep adding and burning one file at a time through Nero on to an ordinary DVD-R? Is this the answer?
Cheers Dave

Hi Dave!

[QUOTE=jockboy61;2274242]Yes I’m sorry I “Shouted” . I do have a sight problem.
Cheers Dave[/QUOTE]

Sorry about asking that :o

[QUOTE=jockboy61;2278111]Hello YYY or anyone who can explain why Nero will not burn multiple dvd files prepared through DVD Flick. I’ve got 11 files called Home Movies 1-11 but when I transfer them into Nero , it doesn’t like it! I was thinking of maybe getting them back into DVD Flick to burn but I don’t seem able to do that either. I was a terrible disappointment to my mother as you can see! Can I keep adding and burning one file at a time through Nero on to an ordinary DVD-R? Is this the answer?[/QUOTE]

The purpose of DVD Flick is to prepare DVD compliant files to be burned into DVD media. This is the reason why if you check the output folder you’ll find an empty AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS containing some ifo, bup, vob etc files. These files are to be burned in Nero, after using “DVD video” as compilation. If I assume right, you’re trying to burn your original files with nero. Am I correct?

Hello! Yes I’m trying to burn the files that were converted by DVD Flik.
I open Nero click on burn DVD video files and add file 1 no problem . I’ve no doubt this short movie will burn to a DVD-R , as you know I did it before .
When I go to add file 2 an error message appears “A Special entry already presenton target location. Original joliet or iso file names can be identical. Cannoy move VIDEO_TS BUP /IFO/VTS_o1_1 to new location”

Do you try to burn on one DVD the output from different runs of DVD Flick? I.e. you made multiple small movies with DVD Flick and then you try to burn them all with Nero? You can’t do that!

What you should do is to use DVD Flick and import ALL video files that you want to be in a single DVD. Let DVD Flick encode and make an ISO image file. Then you can burn this using Nero, ImgBurn, or even form within DVD Flick.

Hope that helps…

Hello YYY ! Yes you are right ! It took about 8 hours to get the camera clips into the 12 files on the hard drive . How can I get these all back into CD Flick Project to create 1 ISO file ? - or do I have to start from the original camera files?
Keep smiling Cheers Dave

[QUOTE=jockboy61;2279299]Yes you are right ! It took about 8 hours to get the camera clips into the 12 files on the hard drive . How can I get these all back into CD Flick Project to create 1 ISO file ? - or do I have to start from the original camera files?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you better start from the beggining. Open DVD Flick and add [B]all[/B] original camera files into it. Then build your DVD.

One thing you should keep in mind is not to make a DVD with a big total duration. This way, the average bitrate will be very low, and accordingly the video quality will be low. This is more a try-and-see game. Usually, I don’t put more than 1.5 hours in one single layer DVD media, in order to have very good quality. Maybe up to 2 hours will be OK, but this depends on the original video content. You have to check for yourself. Keep in mind that there is a tradeoff between the duration of the movie and the quality/bitrate. You can’t have them both :wink:

:slight_smile:

Hello YYY ! You are in Greece but do you know the Tom JOnes song Why why why Delilah? By inference I take it your name is Samson?
Thanks for the right oil. I’ve now got three back up DVD’s with lots of clips for history really. I remember the old days when we got the slide collection out and bored our friends to death!I won’t be doing it again!
I’ll be able to use DVD Flick in a more confident way now …
Thanks again Dave

Yes! :slight_smile: Very nice!!

By inference I take it your name is Samson?

No. Why do you say this? :confused:

Thanks for the right oil. I’ve now got three back up DVD’s with lots of clips for history really. I remember the old days when we got the slide collection out and bored our friends to death!I won’t be doing it again!
I’ll be able to use DVD Flick in a more confident way now …
Thanks again Dave

You’re welcome! I’m glad you get this sorted. I know how you feel. I was there some time ago :wink: Take care of these precious discs, always keep a second copy in a safe place and always use the best quality DVD media you can buy :clap:

do you know the Tom JOnes song Why why why Delilah? By inference I take it your name is Samson?

Hello my friend! Delilah was the lady that cut off Samson’s hair and made him powerless.

You need a devious mind to understand a Scot at times!!

Hello! :slight_smile: I know the story :slight_smile: I just can’t see the reasoning you said so :bigsmile: Maybe I can’t follow up with a Scot!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[quotw]You need a devious mind to understand a Scot at times!![/QUOTE]

If you say so! You know better!!! :bigsmile:
:cool:

Sing altogether - listen Tom Jones on you tube "Delilah"
refrain "Wh-y Wh- y Wh -y Delilah…"
Your nom de plume is Y Y Y ??
This is your last chance !
REgards and it’s been good fun!
Dave

[QUOTE=jockboy61;2286648]Sing altogether - listen Tom Jones on you tube "Delilah"
refrain "Wh-y Wh- y Wh -y Delilah…"
Your nom de plume is Y Y Y ??[/quote]

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Now I got it!!!
Am I fast or what??? :clap:

This is your last chance !

Yep, I got it… :flower:

REgards and it’s been good fun!
Dave

Take care :wink: