Mixed Mode DVD?

> I’ve Googled and searched here about the possibility of making a mixed-mode DVD, where video and/or slideshow will play from Menu on a stand-alone player - but I could also add a directory with some still photos. The idea is that if this can be done on one DVD, it makes it a lot easier just to copy and mail to the relatives and friends.

> Making mixed-mode CDs is easy, but they won’t play on most DVD-players.

> We can use either Linux or Windows methods and applications.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Regards, Dave.

so you are wanting a DVD that plays in a DVD player, but has computer data that can be accessed by a computer with a DVD drive…
To do that I use ImgBurn in build mode, and just add a folder called Support, photos, etc (or whatever you want) along with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder. I’ve never had any problems with playback. It’s not uncommon for Hollywood DVD’s to have a folder called DVD_ROM or something similar along with the video contents.

Daemonicus - Thanks very much for such a quick reply. We’ll try that ASAP. I’ll leave the post for a day to see if other kind folk have more suggestions, before marking it.

Best Regards, Dave.

Should also add that if you have Nero, you can just add your extra folder to a DVD Video Compilation containing the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. InfraRecorder is a free Windows burner app that I use instead of Nero when I can. It will do it too.