Mitsumi/MoHAA

vbimport

I have read on the forums that there are a few problems with Medal of Honor Allied Assault with regard to CD protecton.

Currently I have a Mitsumi CR4801TE (Atapi) which is on the list capable of RAW-DAO 16 RAW.

But from what I can gather from several posts this CDW is not capable of backing up game like MoHAA that have SafeDisc v2.51.021 protection.

So I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, the images I have of both Disk 1 and 2 still OK to use? I ask this as I don;t know whether or not the CD ROM that read the original games copied all the data and image files. And more importanly, will they contain all the information to create a backup if I purchase a new CDW that IS capable of backing up MoHAA?

Secondly, is the LG GCE-8240B just as good as the GCE-8160B that you recomended? WIll it backup SafeDisc v2.51.021 protected games such as MoHAA?

Many thanks for your attention.

Originally posted by Ad_Enuff
Firstly, the images I have of both Disk 1 and 2 still OK to use? I ask this as I don;t know whether or not the CD ROM that read the original games copied all the data and image files. And more importanly, will they contain all the information to create a backup if I purchase a new CDW that IS capable of backing up MoHAA
Yes. The problem with SafeDisc 2(.51.021) is not when reading the image, but when writing it. Although I must say that it sometimes helps when reading at a safe 4x when creating the image…

Secondly, is the LG GCE-8240B just as good as the GCE-8160B that you recomended? WIll it backup SafeDisc v2.51.021 protected games such as MoHAA?
I don’t know much about the LG writers but on the CloneCD website I see that this writer is listed as fully EMF compatible and it should thus be able to copy MoH just fine.

“Secondly, is the LG GCE-8240B just as good as the GCE-8160B that you recomended? WIll it backup SafeDisc v2.51.021 protected games such as MoHAA?”

I have heard that LG GCE-8240B can’t copy SD2.51.021 without AWS!

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
I have heard that LG GCE-8240B can’t copy SD2.51.021 without AWS!
Yes there are doubts. GLynx from Clone Clinic confirmed the ability of the GCE 16x but it’s not listed at elby.org as an SD2 killer. More strange, the 24x LG is listed at elby but was reported by GLynx NOT to backup SD2.51.021 (without AWS).

Here’s also reports about non-EFM LG GCE-8240B:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44568