Mitsui Digital Media = Manufactured by CMC Magnetics?

vbimport

Just bought 5 Mitsui Digital Media for cheap Rs. 12 each i.e. Approx. US$ 0.24 per piece.

I was delighted to see Mitsui in India & that too at cheap price.

However, to my dismay they are manufactured by CMC Magnetics :a :a :a

Are these fake ones.

Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]Just bought 5 Mitsui Digital Media for cheap Rs. 12 each i.e. Approx. US$ 0.24 per piece.

I was delighted to see Mitsui in India & that too at cheap price.

However, to my dismay they are manufactured by CMC Magnetics :a :a :a

Are these fake ones. [/B]

maybe cmc made them but they used mitsuis dye. burn them and see if they are error free.

Yep, see [COLOR=blue]97 27 56 - Mitsui Chemicals [/COLOR]

Guys,

The Mitsui CD-R’s Made in Taiwan are NOT made by CMC Magnetics, but they’re made by Prodisc. I’ve got like 100 of these (I’ve burnt over 50) and they’re working very good, they read on everything including a car CD player, a DVD player, and Liteon DVD-ROM drives.

TerminalVeloCD

let me guess, you got these from cassette world?? coz thats the only place i’ve seen them.

I’ve seen some fake Mitsui around here, but these had a Plasmon ATIP and were utter crap. They said “Made in the USA” but seems to be made in some backyard due to its utter lack of quality.

These should be fake, even taiwan-made mitsui has Mitsui ATIP.

@webcrawler

Bingo. Thats it. I got them from Cassette World & only they have them.

I thought so, that they are fake because I got them for Rs. 12 per piece i.e. US$ 0.24 approx. per piece. So, i just bought 5 of them.

I can’t burn them & see the results as of now as I have sent my burner for RMA.

Will try it as soon as I get a replacement.

Thanks for the prompt reply by all you guys.

The ATIP of this probably fake Mitsui CD-Rs is

CMC Magnetics 97m 26s 66f

Heck… Cassette World!
That guy is a ripoff,fake and a liar to boot! Charges WAAAAAY too high for blanks and stuff, and about 2 years ago when i bought floppies(!) from him,disclaimed all knowledge of them! I had to show him the receipts and only then did he replace the defective ones!
Hey Darshan, i would suggest that you try out those Samsung Premium 40X media. They are Ritek, and AWESOME burn quality.
13 bucks I paid, 260 for 20.
Hey webcrawler, where are you in Mumbai?

i stay at the end of lamington road, towards bbay central. btw where did you get the samsungs from? shop name?

You know that Chinese restaurant next to the theatre? There is a lane going in to a courtyard where places like RealTime computers and Attwood are situated. In that lane, there sit 3-4 guys selling blanks, ask them. They will give you a good price on the Sammys

Thanks for the info Bhairav. I am going to Lamington Again in a few days to get my replacement.

I’ll try & get some sammys.

Even I didn’t like the guy much. He seems very rude. He was not rude to me but, was talking very rudely to some customers.

I asked him for 90 min CD-Rs & he said that he has 80-min CD-Rs max.

However, I found a Sprint 90-min CD-R for Rs. 28/-.

Its good. I had earlier burnt 91.30 mins on that CD-R.

But, beware. Some CD-Roms were not able to detect the 90-min burnt CD-R.

Has anyone tried those fake Mitsui Digital Media available at Cassette World???

How are those MMORE cd-rs. Anyone know the SmartBurn limit or the manufacturer?

This is what SmartBurn reports for my Mitsui discs made in USA. So are these crappy discs? Cause if so, I’m going to have to switch. I have been using Mitsuis for ages, but recently I’ve been experiencing minor problems with these discs (ie: some yellow sectors w/CDSpeed), however I thought they were from the burner (LTR-40125W). Should I switch discs or, look into the burner situation more? Thanks for any help.

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 27s 56f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Mitsui
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

Originally posted by Eluder
[B]This is what SmartBurn reports for my Mitsui discs made in USA. So are these crappy discs? Cause if so, I’m going to have to switch. I have been using Mitsuis for ages, but recently I’ve been experiencing minor problems with these discs (ie: some yellow sectors w/CDSpeed), however I thought they were from the burner (LTR-40125W). Should I switch discs or, look into the burner situation more? Thanks for any help.

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 27s 56f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Mitsui
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X [/B]

those are original mitsuis. maybe you are burning too fast. stick to the certified speed or lower for good results.

…further on the original Mitsui’s, any speed 24x or below will give outstanding results, both with the Taiwanese and the Japanese versions.

TerminalVeloCD

Lets get back to the original subjects.

Are these Mitsui disks manufactured by CMC Magnetics fake ???

They smell like Crayons.

Originally posted by darshanjog
Are these Mitsui disks manufactured by CMC Magnetics fake ???

i was thinking even if it were ‘fake’ why would anyone use CMC media? what i mean is the ‘fakers’ would use the lowest quality media, rather which ever is the cheapest!

like i came across the fake HPs, they were actually media by plasmon.

just burn and see how are they. you never know CMC might have got they act clean… hehe…

That’s the thing, I burn at their maximum rated speed of 24x! I’ve even lowered the speeds to 16x and still get a couple of yellow sectors. I’m going to test with the Lite-On CD-R that I got with the burner, if the produces yellow sectors at all, the drive will have to go back to Lite-On, in which I think I will go back to Plextor. Reliability for me is important, and from my experience, Lite-Ons fall short on this aspect. :frowning:

Originally posted by cd pirate
those are original mitsuis. maybe you are burning too fast. stick to the certified speed or lower for good results.

Just didn’t like those CD-Rs. I am going trade them for Frontech 40x or Sammys 40x.

Even the Frontechs, i got ripped on the new ones,turned out to be crappy (and I mean CRAPPY… loads of C2 errors), only the sammy 40X media is good… Riteks, good quality stuff.