Mitsubishi DVD-RW problems with PS2 backups

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4163B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought a Mitsubishi DVD-RW to backup a game from my PS2, But when I start swap magic up, all loads fine but it says “Not a valid PS2 disc.” I searched for a solution and it came down to use a dummy file to use more space in the disk, I did that, but still, the same error appeared… I tried reducing the speed of recording to the lowest possible and no good…
I’m thinking it is because of the DVD, so the best I have at my local shop is Verbatim DVD-R 16x, I Don’t know if I should buy them or not since it may not work, what should I do? Help me please. :S

I’m using DVD Decrypter to burn the disc.

I don’t do PS2 backups but it may quite well be that DVD-RWs are recognized to be “different” from other media. Your chances will certainly be better with R media, I recommend DVD+R because it can be bitset to DVD-ROM, making it look like normal ROM media for older drives.

Do you have done mods, fw hacks or other things to improve compatibility?

It’s totally unmodded.

Should I buy Verbatim Pack 25 DVD+R 16x Instead? It’s the only pack of Verbatins with DVD+R. :S

[QUOTE=darkspirit221;2117288]It’s totally unmodded.

Should I buy Verbatim Pack 25 DVD+R 16x Instead? It’s the only pack of Verbatins with DVD+R. :S[/QUOTE]

Yes :bigsmile:
Which drive do you have?

It’s in the OP, http://www.cdfreaks.com/hardware/product/382-LG-GSA-4163B.html

Will that pack work? It’s a little expensive, and if it doesn’t work I’ll have 24 DVDs lying around. :S

I don’t have a PlayStation 2, but I’m not sure if it’s able to read re-writable discs. Hopefully someone else with a PS2 will know.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks, and maybe that’s the problem, never thought of that before. :open_mouth: :S

I’m just afraid if it doesn’t work, it will be a waste of money and I’ll loose all hopes…

It depends on your PS2 version if -/+RW media does work. Some older versions dont even recognize them properly.

Regardless of version, Verbatim DVDRs will work (I recommend the -R ones for PS2).